How to Attract Giving Circle Dollars
Donors who participate in giving cirles give more generously than other donors, and they support more causes. In this session we will explore real-world success stories from nonprofits that have benefited from giving-circle support.
- Noelle Ito, senior director of community philanthropy at Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP), who oversees the group’s national giving-circle network.
- Samip Mallick, executive director at SAADA (the South Asian American Digital Archive),whose non-profit attracted grants from two giving circles
- Darryl Lester, founder of the Community Investment Network, an umbrella organization for more than a dozen African-American giving circles
What Will You Learn?
- How to attract the attention and financial support of giving circle.
- How to identify giving circles interested in your cause.
- How to use giving circle support to attract grants or donations from other sources.
Who Should Attend?
- Chief development officers, development directors, and other fundraisers
- Communications directors and online marketers
- Executive directors
- Early bird: $75
- After June 18: $96
Margie Fleming Glennon
Senior Editor for Online Education
The Chronicle of Philanthopy
Margie Fleming Glennon produces the monthly webinar series and oversees other online offerings such as live chats and video discussions. Before joining The Chronicle of Philanthropy, she worked in nonprofit communications for many years and most recently was communications director for the nonprofit Share Our Strength.