What can we do to increase the amount of philanthropic resources going to AAPI communities? What strategies could we employ within our organization, chapter and giving circles to:
- Make accessing our resources less restrictive;
- Center movement priorities in our grantmaking; and
- Increase participation in our giving circles?
Join CHANGE Philanthropy and AAPIP on August 24th, as we invite the Bay Area Justice Funders Network to share wisdom from “The Choir Book: A Framework for Social Justice Philanthropy,” with participants from its Harmony Initiative, and members of their network. Elaine Mui, Grants & Operations Manager of the General Service Foundation will share her foundation’s work to minimize the burden placed on grantees through their grantmaking processes; Alexander Saingchin, Program Director of the Common Counsel Foundation who will share some effective strategies in aligning donors with the priorities of movements; and Sara Velten, Vice President at the Latino Community Foundation will share how the deepening of relationships allowed them to grow a giving circle to more than 500 members! This webinar will explore how to deepen philanthropic practices towards greater equity.
- Dana Kawaoka-Chen, Bay Area Justice Funders Network
- Elaine Mui, Grants & Operations Manager of the General Service Foundation
- Alexander Saingchin, Program Director of the Common Counsel Foundation
- Sara Velten, Vice President, Latino Community Foundation