The Red Envelope Giving Circle (REGC) is committed to creating positive social change in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area through philanthropic support to improve the lives of Asian and Pacific Islander LGBTQ people and communities
Please note: Due to space limitations, an RSVP is strongly encouraged. Thank you for filling out the RSVP completely.
RSVP here >> https://goo.gl/forms/IcPzAGl4c
GLBT History Museum (Castro)
4127 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94114
4:30pm – 5pm
Arrivals + Light Refreshments
5:30pm – 6:30pm
Grant Presentations - Honoring the Grantees for 2018
Wrap-up, Mix + Mingle
Our 2018 Grantees:
1) “An Intergenerational Feast of Resistance” by QTViet Cafe - Bi-annual event to bring together different generations of Vietnamese Americans through radical, intergenerational cooking and cultural performance.
2) ROOTED, A docu-series by Asian Prisoner Support Committee - follows the lives of three formerly
incarcerated, queer and trans Asian & Pacific Islander women.
3) Hunnies & Hot Sauce - an intentional space for our community of queer, trans, genderqueer, nonbinary, folks on, out of, and beyond the spectrum, femme, masculine.
4) CPA-Gender Sexuality & Diversities Program's Gender Justice Youth Exchange - A 4-day, 3-night Gender Justice Youth Exchange will bring together youth from GSD with Khmer Girls in Action.
5) Historically Queer Digital Project - A digital media project featuring stories of activism of LGBTQ people of
color across various social justice movements.
6) SJSU’s Queer & Asian - A free three-day retreat for API-LGBTQ folks sixteen-years-old and up: undergraduates, graduate students, and community members.
7) APIENC’s Trans Rights and Empowerment Day - a full day convening for transgender and gender nonconforming Asian and Pacific Islander people to learn their rights, explore their possibilities, and build an empowering community with other TGNC API people.
8) Mind Body workshop “Lighten the burden, Radiate love” - A five-week, 2-hour weekly workshop designed to teach mind body medicine techniques to 8-10 participants from the Trikone and APIQWTC.
9) Reclaiming the Sacred Workshop series - Fireside Chat celebrating healing through lei making with a corresponding lei making workshop series that features lei making from Melanesia, Micronesia and Polynesia