JustFund was created by funders and organizers of color to remove traditional barriers in philanthropy and to simplify the grants application process for organizations working at the forefront of social change. Built to center equity in grantmaking, and designed as a tool that brings the principles of trust-based philanthropy to life, we are resetting how grantmaking works for those seeking and distributing funding.
We are a nonprofit startup at the intersection of technology and philanthropy, and we are transforming the way money moves to the movement. We are looking for a candidate who is process-driven and passionate about building relationships and growing the JustFund community. You will need to be values-aligned, exceptionally organized, and skilled at providing exceptional customer service. We are excited for mission-driven individuals to join our growing team!
To learn more about JustFund, please visit us at: https://www.justfund.us/
JustFund is seeking a mission-driven and values-aligned Community Engagement Coordinator to join our growing team.
In service of our mission to reset philanthropy, JustFund provides comprehensive grant management services and solutions to values-aligned funders as well as the opportunity for philanthropic advisors and individual donors to access critical work needing funding on the frontlines of social change. The Community Engagement Coordinator will play a vital role on the JustFund team by serving as the primary point of contact for all JustFunders and ensure a high quality experience as they interact with the portal to find new projects and organizations to fund. The Community Engagement Coordinator will lead the exploration, development, and implementation of strategies to grow and manage our JustFunder community in addition to building creative approaches to connecting, engaging, and cultivating relationships with financial and philanthropic advisors; designing community education as well as incentive programs to encourage JustFunders to move more money to movements.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will be based within the United States and will report to the JustFund CEO.
Community Engagement Management
- Manage relationships, design programs, and create opportunities to foster connections between grantmakers and grantseekers within the JustFund community
- Serve as the point of contact for each JustFunder engaging in our Find and Fund services
- Provide an excellent customer experience, manage new user onboarding and demos, and provide high quality customer support
- Manage communications, emails, and opportunities to drive user engagement of the JustFund platform
- Work closely with our Communications Manager to develop targeted materials and resources
- Identify trends, key testimonials, and data collection to drive effective storytelling around the power and impact of our Find and Fund technology
- Facilitate pilots and cohorts, webinars, and learning opportunities to help support coordination, transparency, and collaboration within the philanthropic community
- Liaise with our Product Manager to identify and track feature requests that support and incentivize opportunities for funders to more easily access the information they need to make decisions and move more money to movements
Tracking and Measuring
- Work with the CEO to develop and execute on a plan to grow our Find and Fund community to 10,000 users by the end of 2023
- Leverage our Hubspot CRM system to create and build records for each new opportunity, including contact/relationship records and logging of ongoing email and phone communication
- Manage Community Engagement tasks in Hubspot to ensure we meet all JustFunder expectations and provide an excellent customer experience
- Support the development of documentation, tools, and systems to scalably manage the JustFunder pipeline as it continues to grow
- Related work experience in donor engagement through a nonprofit or philanthropy role
- Deep commitment to JustFund’s mission and values
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and client-centered approach, with the ability to build rapport with all personality types
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and build processes that ensure efficiency and centralized management of the JustFund community
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication abilities
- Some experience managing donor education programs specific experience engaging individual donors
- Outstanding organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding independent problem solving ability with the ability to propose and execute solutions
- Experience and passion for building efficient systems with a strong orientation towards utilizing technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Strong orientation towards working with a team, encouraging others, and ensuring the success of those around you
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in social justice organizing, advocacy, philanthropy, or movement building
- Experience with relationship development and management with an orientation toward network building
- Experience working with GoogleSuites and project management tools and applications such as Zoom, and Slack, etc.
- Experience utilizing Hubspot or a CRM to manage client information and customer support journeys
How to Apply
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in the role. Click here to apply.
JustFund is committed to having a values-driven, transparent, healthy, and collaborative culture. We invite you to learn more at our Careers Page. We review applications on a rolling basis, and look forward to hearing from you.
If the JustFund team can make the application process more accessible through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Total Compensation (Salary and Benefits)
The Community Engagement Coordinator is a full-time position, and we offer a competitive and holistic total compensation package that includes salary and benefits. The annual salary budget for this position is $50,000 – 60,000 and will be commensurate with experience. All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid time off (including holidays and sick time)
- Wellness stipend
- Cell phone and internet stipend
- Home office equipment allowance
- Access to professional development opportunities