JustFund was created by funders and organizers of color to remove traditional barriers in philanthropy and to simplify the grants application process for organizations working at the forefront of social change. Built to center equity in grant-making, and designed as a tool that brings the principles of trust-based philanthropy to life, we are resetting how grant-making works for those seeking and distributing funding.
We fund transparently and move critical resources to chronically underfunded groups. We are looking for a candidate who is excited about working with funders to move money to the movement. You will need to be values-aligned, highly organized, bring exceptional user management skills, and be committed to centering equity and service in every engagement.
To learn more about JustFund, please visit us at: https://www.justfund.us/
JustFund is seeking two mission-driven and values-aligned Community Support Associates to join our growing team.
In service of our mission to reset philanthropy, JustFund provides comprehensive grant management services and solutions to values-aligned funders. The Community Support Associates will play vital roles on the JustFund team by serving as the primary contact points for user engagement, maintaining user relationships, and supporting grants management. The Associates will field and problem solve queries, focus on iterative process improvement to elevate services, deliver a positive and engaging user experience, and effectively and thoughtfully communicate with users. The ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience or interest in justice and racial equity topics, and will be able to provide quality customer service and a positive user experience. We are excited for mission-driven individuals to join our growing team.
JustFund’s team is remote with teammates across the United States.
The Community Support Associates will be based within the United States and will report to the Managing Director.
- Deliver and Ensure a Positive User Experience
- Serve as the primary point of contact for users
- Answer queries and troubleshoot issues via email, phone, and Zoom in a responsive manner
- Review, vet, and follow up with daily sign up requests for new users
- Identify user needs and take proactive steps to maintain positive user experience
- Engage, educate, and provide demonstrations to users via webinars
- Develop and maintain resources like how to videos and frequently asked questions
- Track, document, and analyze user behavior and feedback, including positive recognition and suggestions for improvement
- Track technical issues, propose development feature updates, and implement improved protocols to enhance user experience
- Stay abreast of industry trends and technology and explore opportunities to implement findings within JustFund’s current processes
- Support Grant Cycle Management
- Manage grant cycle and user set up from start to finish
- Track grant cycle submissions and ensure information is accurate
- Send grant cycle communications, including: invitations to apply, reminders, declinations, grant recommendations, and confirmation of grant receipt
- Collect ACH and check information as required and help disburse and track grants
- Manage grant cycle deadlines and ensure grant cycles run smoothly and on schedule
- Provide additional fund management and administrative support
- Maintain Portal Quality Control and Producing Reports
- Perform regular quality control reviews, updating and maintaining accuracy of proposal content and user data
- Draft comprehensive grant summaries, dockets, and analytic reports as needed
- Develop quarterly report analytics of progress and growth of the portal
- Support the preparation of foundation proposals and reports to funders, as needed
- 2+ years of related work experience in a customer support and/or user experience environment or similar support role; and/or equivalent related work experience in a nonprofit or philanthropy role
- Must be able to work during Pacific Standard Time (PST) business hours
- Deep commitment to JustFund’s mission and values
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and client-centered approach
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication abilities
- Outstanding organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding independent problem solving ability with the ability to propose and execute solutions
- Experience and passion for building efficient systems with a strong orientation towards utilizing technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- 2+ years of experience working within a nonprofit, philanthropic, and/or mission driven organization
- Experience in social justice organizing, advocacy, or movement building
- Demonstrated experience working with GoogleSuites and project management tools and applications such as CRMs, Zoom, and Slack, etc.
- Working proficiency in Spanish
- Experience with relationship development and management with an orientation toward network building
- We encourage individuals to submit their application for consideration even if they believe they do not have all of the preferred qualifications.
How to Apply
Total Compensation (Salary and Benefits)
The Community Support Associate roles are both full-time positions, and we offer a competitive and holistic total compensation package that includes salary and benefits. The annual salary budget for both positions is $40,000 to $50,000 and will be commensurate to experience. All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid time off (including holidays and sick time)
- Wellness stipend
- Cell phone and internet stipend
- Home office equipment allowance
- Access to professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Apply HERE by submitting your resume and a one page cover letter. The cover letter should explain why you’re excited about working with JustFund, and why you are qualified for this specific role.
If the JustFund team can make the application process more accessible through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
JustFund is committed to having a values-driven, transparent, healthy, and collaborative culture. We invite you to learn more at our Careers Page. The target start date for these positions is Monday, April 25th, 2022. We review applications on a rolling basis, and look forward to hearing from you.
Working With Us
The Community Support Associate roles are remote and will be regularly interfacing with US-based team members across multiple time zones.
At JustFund, we are committed to diversity, inclusion, and racial equity. JustFund is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Our management team is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and general treatment during employment.