Our collaborative, innovative and equity driven culture empowers our staff to grow through individual development opportunities, team retreats and cross-departmental partnerships. We continue to evolve our culture by attracting and retaining new talent with valuable experiences and insight.
Position Mission Statement:
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Information Technology within the Operations & Learning division, the Data Architect will be at the center of defining how data will be used throughout the organization. This highly collaborative role will focus on driving business value of data by defining and directing data ownership and governance, data storage and health, data modeling and visualization, and data tooling and systems.
About the Department:
The Information Technology team is responsible for ensuring the Foundations’ technology, infrastructure, applications, and services meet the current and future needs of the organization.
This team of seasoned information technology professionals collaborates with individual customers, a variety of vendor partners, and each other to support, maintain, and improve technology that drives fundraising, grant making, and financial stewardship of the organization. Each member of this team brings a set of specialties, yet also functions as an IT generalist to meet the diverse needs of the environment. This IT team of five along with assistance from a managed services provider and several other vendor partners serve a staff of 65 in one St. Paul office location.
Technologies used and supported in the environment include VMware, SQL Server (SSIS/SSRS), Windows, Office/Exchange/365, Power BI, OnBase for e-document storage, Ricoh and HP printers, AirWatch for mobile device management, and more. Major initiatives are underway to migrate data and functionality from legacy on-premises vendor applications to recently selected software-as-a-service solutions. This will include the migration to cloud data storage and the sunset of an on-premises data center.
This position is responsible for:
Data Architecture, Analysis, Modeling and Management (30%)
• Create and maintain the enterprise data map, ensuring appropriate ownership and stewardship
• Serve as the hub for data related activities in the organization; collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams to achieve data related goals
• Ensure data integrity across all systems; architect solutions and data environments that protect, preserve and promote data quality
• Create, recommend and maintain data systems and tools
• Foster the development of a rich business intelligence environment across the enterprise, providing counsel and training to colleagues and staff as needed
• Strive to leverage data; know the data and unleash its power to support and achieve strategic objectives
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Collaborate with all team and vendor architects to ensure cohesive strategic vision and quality architecture across all disciplines
• Create and maintain technical and logical models and documentation
• Perform vendor management as needed to achieve goals
• Perform hands on tasks such as server reboots, ETL, software updates, system maintenance, etc.
• Build, maintain, and share expertise of the enterprise business solution and other business software services to optimize data management
Reporting and Business Intelligence (20%)
• Create and maintain business intelligence models using Power BI and other similar tools
• Partner with others to create a center of excellence for data visualization
• Serve as an escalation point for problem solving in reports and data, providing recommendations and action to make corrections
• Provide SQL Server and reporting expertise to support emerging and legacy systems
Business Analysis & Application Lifecycle Management (15%)
• Understand and translate business needs into technical requirements
• Coordinate with vendors and internal customers to implement automation and processes to satisfy business needs
• Solve problems ranging from basic to complex, applying techniques to resolve issues with urgency and quality
• Contribute to a culture of best practices
Solution Design & Implementation (10%)
• Assess marketplace options for software, hardware and service solutions; evaluate and recommend
• Design and implement solutions effectively and efficiently
Data Storage, Health & Security (15%)
• Define and maintain optimal data storage, ensuring proper encryption while moving and at rest
• In collaboration with engineers and infrastructure architects, build, monitor and maintain an optimal cloud data center environment that maximizes security, availability and performance in a cost-effective manner
• Prioritize data and information security in all activities, and lead staff in continuous maturity of information security awareness and competence
• Ensure proper electronic records management, policy and tooling
Service Desk (10%)
• Partner with team members to ensure the daily technology needs of customers are met and the IT environment is fully operational
Other Duties as Assigned
• As a small team, all members are generalists and fill in to cover for one another and meet unexpected needs as they arise
Position requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree plus five years’ experience, or ten years’ experience in IT or data related field
• Experience in business intelligence and reporting, data management or administration, and information security principles and practices
• Experience in business requirements gathering, user stories, and scrum
• Ability to create and analyze Microsoft SQL Server queries, views and reports
• Experience in data architecture and/or security, solutions, or infrastructure architecture
• Working knowledge of Microsoft client and server products, reporting and business intelligence tools, Active Directory, etc.
• Problem solving skills in order to define process, drive improvements, and maximize productivity through the effective use and deployment of technology
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively interact, communicate, and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams and with people from cultural backgrounds other than your own
• Excellent customer service, listening, and verbal/written communication skills
• Vendor management experience
• Ability to innovate and bring continuous improvement and structure
• A drive to learn and build proficiency in new technologies and techniques
• Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and leadership in a dynamic environment
Typical physical requirements for this position include:
• Ability to work at a computer workstation in an ergonomically correct environment.
• Light lifting of materials and equipment in the typical work environment.
• Ability to work overtime hours when needed.
Please apply online through our recruiting website: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment....