The Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice (Astraea) is the only philanthropic organization working exclusively to advance LGBTQI human rights around the globe. Astraea works for racial, economic, social, and gender justice, because all people deserve to live their lives freely, without fear, and with dignity.
Astraea is a public foundation, which means that they raise every dollar that spend. Rooted in LGBTQI communities and movements, they work in strategic partnership with foundations, individuals, and governments to ensure that their resources reach the activists who need them most and who are best positioned to make transformational impact over time. To this end, they raise and distribute funds to programs and initiatives led by and for diverse constituencies, prioritizing groups led by lesbians and queer women, trans and gender non-conforming people, intersex people, and people of color. A community of diverse stakeholders and deep relationships has allowed them to support grassroots organizations in over 90 countries and 40 states. In its 42nd year of operation, Astraea is in its strongest fiscal position ever to support the work of grassroots LGBTQI activists around the world.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced leader with a solid financial background and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, high-impact, well-respected, mission-driven organization. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED) and directly supervising a four-person Fiscal and Administrative Team, the Deputy Director (DD) serves as an integral member of Astraea’s senior management team. The DD will work closely with the ED to create an environment for success that inspires staff and provides holistic, adaptive systems to support the organization’s mission and values.
For more information, please visit: https://koyapartners.com/search/astraea-deputy-director/
The ideal candidate will have the following professional skills, qualities, and competencies:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management role
- Broad experience with the full range of non-profit management functions, including strategic planning, information technology, and human resources
- Experience and ease in working with multicultural and socio-economicallly and politically diverse colleagues and communities
- Strong commitment to and expertise working in a social justice environment with particular emphasis on racial, gender and economic justice
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills and experience working with diverse and complex racial, class, and gender power dynamics
- Proven track record of transformational leadership facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization that includes in-office and remote staff
- Strong mentoring and coaching experience for a culturally diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with – program and fundraising staff
- Technology savvy with knowledge of accounting and reporting software
Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to: