W. Clement & Jessie V. Stone Foundation
Founded in 1958 by W. Clement Stone, the Foundation funds in early childhood, education, and youth development in five major urban areas – Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, Philadelphia, and New York.
The W. Clement & Jessie V. Stone Foundation, based in Chicago, seeks a Director of Finance & Operations (DFO) who is proactive, strategic, collaborative, and interested in joining a small, mission-driven team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong finance background, good people and communications skills as well as experience in a foundation or non-profit setting and preferably knowledge of investment management including mission-related investments. The successful candidate brings to the position extensive experience and expertise in accounting, budgeting and financial analysis, and solid understanding of the IRS regulations governing private foundations.
The DFO will provide financial, grantmaking, and operations support for the W. Clement & Jessie V. Stone Foundation and report to the Executive Director. ]This position offers the opportunity to participate in a broad range of foundation activities as part of a professional, mission-driven team. For a full description, click here.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 5-7 years of broad financial and operations management experience, preferably in a foundation or nonprofit setting.
The ideal applicant will have a background that demonstrates:
• Knowledge of best practices, and legal, accounting, and regulatory requirements for grantmaking and understanding of IRS regulations regarding private foundations.
• Ability to collaborate with a small team and in a hands-on position.
• Strong judgment, strategic thinking, problem solving skills, and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to develop, document, and implement organizational systems and processes.
• Demonstrated reliability, attention to detail, follow through and accuracy of information.
• Commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external stakeholders, including trustees, family members, grantees, non-profit organizations, colleagues, visitors, vendors, and fellow employees.
How to Apply
See the full job description and application instructions here.