BACKGROUND AND CURRENT OPPORTUNITY
Founded in 2002, the Korean American Community Foundation (KACF) transforms and empowers communities through philanthropy, volunteerism and inter-community bridge building. KACF pursues these goals through grantmaking that promotes self-sufficiency for the underserved and under-resourced, by raising awareness of needs and issues, and by fostering a culture of giving. Our vision is a vibrant Korean American community working together to strengthen our society.
KACF has a rich and long-respected history of lifting up underserved Korean and Asian Americans in New York City. As a grantmaker, capacity builder, philanthropic thought leader and convener for New York City’s Korean American community over the past two decades. KACF has established its presence and reputation as the philanthropic leader that fosters a spirit of generosity and social change in its community. The Foundation’s upcoming 20th anniversary in 2022, an energized board of directors, and a recently-completed strategic plan position KACF for a new phase of growth as it enters its next chapter.
KACF seeks an Events and Donor Relations Officer to serve on its development team and work with constituents across the organization and NYC’s Korean American community to shepherd in this new stage of growth. The Events and Donor Relations Officer will work with the team to successfully implement KACF’s individual giving and major donor strategy centered around a series of annual convenings and events that inspire and engage KACF’s donor constituency. The individual will bring a high level of organization, focus, maturity, and interpersonal skills to the role. Working in close collaboration with the Director of Development and other KACF staff, the Officer will serve as a trusted fundraising team member who will successfully work both independently and collaboratively to achieve fundraising results that will ensure growth and sustainability for KACF.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work in partnership with the Director of Development to produce KACF’s annual gala, the organization’s largest and most important fundraising event of the year
• Serve as lead producer of KACF fundraising events, including the annual Giving Summit, Golf Classic and other donor cultivation/influencer events
• Work closely with the Director of Development and the President on sponsorship and partnership management across events
• Collaborate with the Events and Operations Manager to conceptualize the event program strategy and execute event logistics on time and on budget to ensure professional and seamless events
• Create and manage messaging and communications around events and development appeals with input from other staff
• Maintain and update website and social media accounts
• Work with development team to effectively and skillfully cultivate and steward donors, including timely and accurate donor acknowledgment and communications to keep donor engaged and invested in KACF’s work
• Serve as liaison with KACF’s Associate Board
• Perform other general administrative duties as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree and three years of individual fundraising and events management experience for a nonprofit organization
• Demonstrated track record of producing successful special events, from concept to implementation
• Experience with creating strategies for of donor cultivation and stewardship
• Mature, professional and poised; able to build and maintain strong, collegial relationships
• Excellent planning, prioritization and follow-up skills. The individual should be highly organized, proactive, and able to work successfully both independently and as an integral member of a team
• Effective communicator; skilled in writing and messaging; adept at crafting correspondences to various stakeholders
• Passion for the work of KACF and ability to authentically articulate and champion its mission
• Computer savvy, with experience with donor database management and systems
• Available to work during non-business hours (e.g., evenings, weekends) to support key events and opportunities.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest in PDF to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries or recruiters. Due to the volume of applications, only qualified candidates may receive response.
Korean American Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.