New York, NY
About the Foundation
Robertson Foundation is a private family-led foundation established in 1996 by Julian Robertson and his wife Josie. By taking a targeted yet creative approach to philanthropy, Mr. Robertson, the Chairman of Tiger Management L.L.C., and his family seek to have a positive social impact and create a legacy that reflects the family’s values. At present, Robertson Foundation is predominantly focused on grantmaking in medical sciences, environment and climate, and public education improvement. In its grantmaking, Robertson Foundation seeks to optimize the potential impact of its grants.
Robertson Foundation | Executive Assistant to the President
• Are you curious about how organizations and, particularly, philanthropic foundations, operate at all levels?
• Are you passionate about having a positive social impact and supporting nonprofits?
• Are you keen to learn about the realities of leadership from a wide range of leaders?
• Are you meticulous, highly organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks with calm, grace, and precision?
If you answered YES to all of the above, we invite you to apply to Robertson Foundation for a full-time position on our team.
• Serve as the point person for the President, managing all internal and external requests, questions, and materials going into and out of the President’s office.
• Manage the President’s calendar, schedule and prioritize appointments, and make travel arrangements as needed.
• Manage the President’s daily schedule, ensuring he has all details necessary for a seamless day.
• Receive and screen all incoming calls and/or visitors to the President’s office and ensure appropriate follow-up to requests.
• Manage and improve systems on a proactive basis to enable the President to work more efficiently and productively.
• Manage and prioritize the President’s to-do list, including monitoring deliverables, deadlines, and appointments.
• Organize all meetings and relevant materials for the President and Executive Director, including coordinating Board meetings, annual Board retreats, and other similar meetings.
• Provide additional calendaring and travel assistance to the Foundation’s Board members and Executive Director.
• In President’s absence, monitor all communications and forward such communications to the designated second-in-command as needed.
• Perform all necessary administrative support to the President’s Office, including preparing reports and filing key documents.
• Draft, proofread and edit written materials for distribution on behalf of the President, as needed.
• Any other duties appropriate for the position that may be assigned from time to time by the Foundation President.
• The position is full-time and based in NYC.
• Salary range for this position is $75,000-$100,000.
• Includes an excellent benefits package and potential for investment in professional development opportunities.
Due to COVID-19, staff are currently working in a hybrid capacity (with some activities in person). Operations are expected to resume in person at Robertson Foundation’s office in Midtown Manhattan at an appropriate time. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical or religious accommodations under applicable law.
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies
• Three to five years of relevant, high-level administrative experience in a professional setting
• Cool and nimble under pressure; able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and stay well-organized even if priorities shift
• Technologically savvy, especially in calendar and project management applications
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the flexibility to communicate effectively across a variety of internal and external audiences
• Team-oriented with strong relationship-building skills and an interest in collaborating and working behind the scenes
• Experience in and dedication to exercising discretion and handling confidential information sensitively
How to Apply
How to Apply
If interested, please apply here by June 3, 2022.
Commitment to DEI
Robertson Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We approach the hiring process with the understanding that incorporating diverse viewpoints into our grantmaking approach and work environment strengthens the foundation’s ability to make impactful progress towards our mission. The Foundation is committed to continual learning and reassessment of our strategy and operational processes in relation to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) practices, including through engagements with DEI-focused practitioners, learning from grantee partners, and internally conducted research and resource gathering.
About our Recruitment Process
Thank you in advance for the time invested in our application. Unfortunately, we are not able to follow up with all applicants unless they are selected for a phone interview. Following phone interviews, candidates will likely engage in an assignment similar to activities common for this position. Following that process, finalists will participate in at least two interviews; it is likely that at least one of those interviews will be in-person. The final steps will include an interview with representative(s) from our board of trustees and a robust background and reference check. We hope to welcome a new team member in July 2022.