At the Foundations, we believe that strong communities are built through knowledge and empowerment. With roots in Saint Paul since 1940 and partners across the state, we are Minnesota’s largest community foundation and the partner of choice for thousands of donors, professional advisors, nonprofits and community organizations. We inspire generosity to make Minnesota better for all who call it home.
We continue to evolve our culture by attracting and retaining new talent with valuable experiences and insight; empowering our existing, highly skilled employees; and strengthen our culture of collaboration.
Internal Commitment to Equity
In 2017, the Foundations created a team to actively live out our commitment to equity. The group works together to invest in and coordinate employee trainings, education opportunities and thoughtful initiatives surrounding equity internally at the Foundations. Their work has been a model of how staff took action and ownership around a shared value at the Foundations.
The Foundations have diversified internal communication to allow for more transparency, innovation and collaboration. Below are a few programs and opportunities we offer regularly.
• Lunch and Learns
• Panel discussions with the leadership team
• Coffee chat with the CEO
• General forum staff meetings
• Internal newsletter updates
• Team retreats and celebrations
How we do our work is as important as what we do
Lead with RESPECT
Act with INTEGRITY
Strive for EXCELLENCE
About the Department
The Investments Team stewards the assets of the Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundations. This experienced team has deep expertise in asset management services for foundations and nonprofit organizations. The team works closely with investment committees and professional asset managers to ensure the long-term growth of the Foundations and affiliates.
The Investment Analyst will work closely with the Chief Investment Officer on all facets of managing the Foundations’ $1.5 billion investment portfolio. The Investment Analyst position includes both operational and investment analysis responsibilities with the goal of assuming increasing investment responsibility over time. This role has primary responsibilities in investment management in collaboration with the team. Secondary duties include providing back-up and support for investment operations functions.
This position is responsible for:
· acquiring skills in investment due diligence, selection, and monitoring of investment partners, including fund managers, co-investments and direct investments
· supporting CIO in performing on-going monitoring and due diligence on current and prospective managers across all asset classes
· writing investment memos and presentations to share knowledge regarding managers with the investments team and investment committees
· supporting CIO and consultant with analysis in support of asset allocation, portfolio construction and future investment commitments
· preparing and reviewing monthly and quarterly investment reports for investment committees and staff to facilitate the evaluation of investment results and monitoring of the portfolios’ risks and exposures
· overseeing onboarding of new investment managers and partnership investments, and documentation; managing documentation of manager monitoring to ensure institutional memory and support the annual audit
· collaborating with other investment team members to continually evaluate and improve processes and systems that support the management of various portfolios; maintaining and enhancing Investment Operations Manual
· demonstration of Foundations’ core organizational values in performing all duties
Classification: Exempt, Fulltime
Position requirements include:
· bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field
· minimum 4 years’ work experience in institutional portfolio management, family office or investment advisory setting
· knowledge of securities, securities markets, performance measurement and investment terminology
· familiarity with asset allocation and portfolio construction concepts; curiosity, drive and strong desire to learn on the job to build investment management skill set
· strong data management skills and experience
· ability to work hands-on, delving into projects with a strong attention to detail and emphasis on producing a high quality work product
· effective oral and written communication skills to clearly articulate investments analysis
· experience working independently, proactively identifying or initiating ways to enhance a process, procedure or outcome that benefits the organization
· ability to prioritize a large and varied workload, managing multiple tasks and details simultaneously
· ability to show initiative, willingness to learn and take on responsibilities as contributing team member either in a lead or in a backup role to ensure team success
· demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively interact, communicate, and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams and with people from cultural backgrounds other than your own
· ability to exercise independent judgment and problem-solving skills
· willingness to acknowledge what is not understood and seek assistance
The work of our organization changes as we continuously seek to have greater impact. All team members must be flexible and able to adapt to short and long-term shifts in their job duties.
Typical physical requirements for this position include:
· ability to work at a computer workstation in an ergonomically correct environment
Please apply through our career website: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment..... Thank you!