NCFP staff is mission driven, sets ambitious goals, and shares a culture of trust, respect and honesty.
NCFP is open to diverse views and new ideas, and values open communication. Together we meet high standards of excellence in our work.
NCFP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of NCFP to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The National Center for Family Philanthropy (NCFP) is seeking a Program Associate to join its dynamic team. This role provides the opportunity to influence the largest and most diverse sector of philanthropic giving and to support philanthropic families and those who work with them. The Program Associate should work collegially with NCFP staff to advance the goals of the organization as a whole.
The Program Associate performs a wide variety of duties in support NCFP’s programmatic objectives. Responsibilities require strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
This position, reporting to the Vice President of Programs, will play a lead role in the following initiatives and activities:
• Developing quarterly webinars and new programmatic initiatives for philanthropic advisors, philanthropic families, and practitioners in the field of family philanthropy.
• Developing multi-media presentations (Prezi, video, podcasts, slideshows, blog content) that complement and reinforce new and ongoing NCFP programs
• Analyzing website usage data and developing useful assessments of NCFP programs
• Tracking programmatic grant deliverables and assisting with grant reporting.
• Manage regional partnerships, including executing regional Trends in Family Philanthropy surveys and potential events.
• Staffing advisory committees to support the programmatic work of NCFP, including a Next Gen Voices Advisory Committee and a Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Transparency Advisory Committee
This position will play a support role to the Program Coordinator in the following initiatives and activities:
• Serve as assistant editor for the Family Giving News e-newsletter
• Identify new voices for NCFP programs, particularly for the National Forum on Family Philanthropy, Trustee Education Institute, and monthly Family Philanthropy Webinars
• Responding to requests for information from NCFP Friends, subscribers, and prospects
• Attend relevant conferences, seminars, and webinars on behalf of NCFP
Bachelor’s degree required; degrees in philanthropy, public policy, sociology or related issue area preferred. Two-three years program management experience required in the philanthropic or nonprofit sector.
Strong communications skills, including writing for print, web and social media. Experience developing and implementing an effective social media strategy required. Excellent research and analytical skills.
Exceptional attention to detail, along with strong project management skills. Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in organizing work, establishing priorities and meeting demanding project goals.
This position will require both creativity as well as a willingness to provide administrative support if and when needed.
Strong team orientation and willingness to be flexible and work in cross-functional teams.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.