We believe our community can move beyond poverty and oppression to a place where all people have access to quality housing, nutritious food, equal justice and opportunities to thrive. We are committed to working with compassion, integrity, accountability, creativity and an anti-oppression approach to end homelessness, hunger, inequality and other barriers to social justice. We value collaboration and leadership from the communities we serve. As our workforce evolves to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, our agency and workplace will be enriched and strengthened and as such we will:
• Demonstrate the initiative to learn and enhance skills that promote anti-racism, cultural competency and an understanding of oppression and its impact.
• Participate in intentional learning efforts, including events relating to understanding and dismantling institutional racism and building cultural competency, and to encourage staff to fully engage in those activities.
The Resource Development Operations Coordinator provides key administrative support to the Resource Development Team. This position is responsible for maintaining the database, running reports, coordinating event logistics, reconciling donations and ensuring the team has what it needs to engage donors in the mission of ending poverty and oppression. The role is an ideal fit for a passionate social justice champion who has strong organizational skills, project management experience, and is strong with relational databases.
Essential Responsibilities, Duties & Tasks:
30% Perform all aspects of the donation process with accuracy and efficiency
• Code all gifts and coordinate with Finance to ensure all funds are designated correctly.
• Complete all data entry of gifts and keep all donor information up to date.
• Lead the donor acknowledgement process, including creating standardized mechanisms for acknowledgement letters, recognition, and stewardship in coordination with the Giving Manager.
• Enter action and biographical notes as necessary and requested.
• Work with the grants team, finance team, and other departments to ensure all are aware of gifts received.
• Reconcile all gifts in Raiser’s Edge against the accounting system on a monthly basis.
• Contact donors directly to resolve gift difficulties including denied credit cards, requests for copies of tax letters, or changes in address.
25% Resource Development Administrative Support
• Coordinate event logistics with key team members and outside vendors. Lead the registration processes using the Raiser’s Edge Database, and ensure check requests, and budget updates, and communication with internal and external parties are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
• Partner with Office Support to ensure contracts are routed, acknowledged, and filed in a timely manner and according to protocols.
• Create team meeting agendas in partnership with Director and Managers. Take notes and track follow-up of items assigned during team meetings.
• Track and fulfill funder reporting requirements and work with the Grants Team and program management to ensure reports are filed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Schedule and handle registration for regular tours of Solid Ground facilities for donors and new staff with applicable departments. Arrange logistics and staff coverage for funder site visits.
• Act as the point of contact for Office Support and other outside parties. Assess questions and requests to either fulfill them or channel them to the correct team member.
• Manage RD material stocks and partner with Communications or Office Support to reorder when supplies are low.
• Refine and update registration and donation forms using Online Express and keep the MailChimp email list up-to-date with all new donor emails.
20% Database Administration: Provide oversight, administration, and management for all data resources in the Resource Development Department, including a multi-function relational database.
• Implement, and update the Policy and Procedure manual to maintain data integrity by enforcing a standardized protocol for use of the database including data entry, maintenance, reports, and other data extraction.
• Review and update systems for data collection that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality, including completing periodic checks for data accuracy and completeness.
• Work with other members of the Resource Development and Communications teams to identify ways the database can be used more efficiently to complete their duties and meet team and agency goals. Research new uses of Raiser’s Edge or other technology solutions.
• Maintain user accounts for all active users and serve as Raiser’s Edge training lead and the first point of contact for all support issues.
• Support the Blackbaud contract and relationship, serving as primary contact for all upgrades and database server issues.
15% Report & List Creation
• Perform advanced analysis of the data through complex queries, exports and reports to ensure the RD team is reaching the correct audience/s.
• Create, update and run a portfolio of regular reports including, but not limited to, lapsed donors, revenue reports, campaign response rate, recent gifts, and other ad hoc reports using Excel, Raiser’s Edge, and Crystal Reports.
• Serve as main point of contact for organizational mailing lists and donor lists for direct mail campaigns, newsletters, annual report, and event invitations.
• Attend and participate in staff, team, and Action Team meetings.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience:
One of the following:
a) 2 years relational database management and 1 year project management experience; OR
b) Associate’s Degree along with 1 year database and project management experience; OR
c) Any combination of education, experience and measurable performance which demonstrates the capability to perform the duties of this position.
• Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills.
• Prior experience conducting queries and reports.
• Experience working in communities of color.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work individually in a self-directed manner and as part of a team in group projects. Ability to take general direction and apply it to specific circumstances as the situation requires.
• Strong project management experience and the ability to prioritize among multiple assignments.
• Willingness and ability to work with people from a variety of racial, cultural and economic backgrounds, with various lifestyles, sexual orientations, and of all ages.
• Experience with Microsoft Suite and database software.
• Prior fundraising experience.
• Prior experience in a nonprofit or social service setting.
• Prior experience operating Raiser’s Edge database including event module.
• Demonstrated history of creative, collaborative problem solving to anticipate the needs of the organization and other team members to translate those into practical solutions.
• Demonstrated experience with project management and team coordination.
Applicants must complete the Solid Ground application form specific to this position. To find an application online, go to https://www.solid-ground.org/get-involved/careers/ then click on the Job Title for this position and complete the application. You may also leave a message on our job line at 206.694.6840 requesting a specific job application, or you may apply in person at 1501 North 45th Street in Seattle’s Wallingford neighborhood.
Please attach a cover letter and resume.
Closing Date: January 18, 2019 at 5:00pm
Solid Ground is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status.