Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Finance team. The position reports to the Revenue Manager and will be responsible for recording, reconciling and reporting revenue. The right candidate will have strong technical accounting skills, superior analytical and problem-solving skills, a customer service mindset, and operates independently with minimal direction.
- Review customer contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- Manage the accurate and timely reporting of revenue
- Play a key role in month-end closing activities
- Responsible for reconciliation of accrued and deferred revenue accounts
- Perform quarterly reviews for complex revenue transactions
- Support the annual audit process
- Complete analysis and special projects as needed
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience in a for-profit environment
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Highly detailed and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to provide excellent service to internal/external clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
Other Highly Preferred Skills and Experience
- CPA or CPA track
- Working knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics
How to Apply
How to Apply
Andrews & Cole is our recruiting partner for this position.
Submit a resume to or by clicking this link.
Please also include a brief statement detailing why you’re excited about Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific position.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses, and, except in rare circumstances considered on a case-by-case basis, all applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.