Washington, DC or Durham, NC
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
Arabella Advisors seeks a resourceful, detail-oriented, organized, high-performing professional to support the East Coast client development team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in building a career in the social sector through proactive and strategic work, including by engaging early with philanthropic clients to shape new initiatives, and partnering closely with senior leaders at Arabella. This position entails a mix of revenue tracking and reporting, strategic planning for engagement with prospects and key clients, project management of internal strategic initiatives, and proposal development. You will gain a deep understanding of the East Coast philanthropic landscape, and you will partner with senior leaders to drive new engagements forward that will help clients achieve impact on wide range of key issues from early childhood education to conservation and the environment.
East Coast Client Development (70%)
- Support new business development by providing thought partnership and managing up to senior leadership, meeting with potential clients, evaluating and shaping prospective new projects, and independently developing collateral, proposals, and budgets
- Draft and customize proposal materials and follow up emails for potential clients while balancing expediency and excellence
- Serve as a project manager for a portfolio of prospective client engagements, drawing upon skills that include relationship management and proposal development
- Engage Editorial and LOB specific support as needed to produce winning proposals and other pitch materials to engage prospects and channel partners
- Research the priorities and philanthropic strategies of current and potential clients.
- Develop details briefings and background materials for meetings and events as needed
- In partnership with Managing Director(s), develop and manage the implementation of a comprehensive strategy for a subset of the region’s Key Strategic Accounts, including tracking and synthesizing news about the foundations, identifying opportunities for client contact, and providing accountability for cultivation strategies
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a client development strategy for the East Coast BD team, focusing on priority clients, channel partner, and individual/family strategy planning and execution
East Coast Data, Knowledge, and Team Management (20%)
- Partner with team leadership to ensure efficient team operations and cohesion, including leading the planning and execution for team meetings, communications, and retreats
- Provide project management support for annual strategy and revenue planning process, including developing key benchmarks, tracking progress to goals, ensuring pipeline accuracy, identifying trends, and elevating any needs for course correction
- Oversee regional knowledge management and coordination with internal teams
- Under guidance from leadership, contribute to the development and implementation of an events strategy that maximizes the firm’s exposure to prospective clients
- Contribute to the team and organization’s significant year-over-year growth by innovating our operations and processes
- Elevate and implement opportunities for learning, trend mapping, efficiency, and innovation
- Lead team efforts to manage revenue information from opportunity entry and stage advancement to pulling customized reports for revenue tracking as needed
- Enter and manage greenlight submissions as needed
Firmwide Sales Strategy & Operations (10%)
- Partner across sales regions on internal initiatives and knowledge management
- Design and manage strategic planning and market research projects as needed
- Project manage and deliver firmwide process assessments and recommendations for improvement
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of work with steadily increasing responsibility preferred
- Experience in philanthropy, non-profits, and/or business
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects, oversee and delegate to others, and meet deadlines
- Personal presence and intellectual heft needed to work effectively with sophisticated and demanding partners
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness that spurs innovation and problem solving
- High degree of organization and attention to detail and ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to draft high quality written materials and correspondence
- Strong interpersonal skills with a highly collaborative work style and ability to work cooperatively and across teams
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and a willingness to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Sound judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and poise
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience with Salesforce preferred
- Flexibility, initiative, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses, and all applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.