Established in 1990, we hold the unique title of being both the birthplace of AAPIP’s first chapter in the Midwest and in 2002, the birthplace of the first AAPIP affiliated giving circle in the country! Our members encompass a mix of members and friends who hail from the Chicago metro area, as well as Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.
Get connected to AAPIP Chicago’s LinkedIn Group!
The Chicago Chapter focuses on:
- Cultivating strong relationships between Asian American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) funders and organizations.
- Deepening our awareness of issues facing both established and emerging AAPI communities in Chicago.
- Working in collaboration with other people of color affinity groups.
2023-2024 Chapter Co-Chairs
- Sonia Mathew, Robert R. McCormick Foundation
- Steve Hosik Moon, Grand Victoria Foundation
Our Institutional Members:
- The Chicago Community Trust
- Chinese American Service League
- The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- The Kresge Foundation
- The Lloyd A. Fry Foundation
- Paul M. Angell Family Foundation
- The W. K. Kellogg Foundation
Designated staff and trustees of our institutional members receive full membership benefits. For more information or questions, please contact Kyla Alvarez, Senior Manager of Membership and Operations, at .