Become an Individual Member
AAPIP serves as the progressive home to AAPIs in philanthropy at all leadership levels across the sector. From learning communities, professional development and leadership to concrete benefits of discounts or free access to exclusive AAPIP programs and gatherings.
We envision a just and equitable democracy with the full civic and economic participation of Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders. Our work is guided by several key pillars:
- Racial Solidarity in Action: We work at the intersection of anti-Asian and anti-Black racism, unapologetically advocating for Asian American communities while aligned and in allyship with Black and all otherized communities
- Ethnic Diversity: Asian Americans have been racialized as a distinct group across vast cultural and regional differences, hailing from more than 50 countries, speaking over 100 different languages. We recognize and honor both the similarities as well as the complexities within and across the diasporic experiences.
- Multi-Generational: We make space for leadership across generations
- Abundance: We approach philanthropy with abundance, driven by the love of humanity
- Most Impacted: We center the lived experiences of people and communities most impacted and closest to ground for impactful change
Individual Membership Eligibility
Individual members include:
- Staff members, directors, trustees or officers of a grantmaking entities (i.e. foundations, grantmaking networks, philanthropy associations, government or public charities with grantmaking activities)
- Professional providers of philanthropic services (e.g. investment/wealth managers or advisors; legal or financial advisors serving as trustees or advisors to trusts or foundations; or consultants and businesses providing organizational planning, strategy, evaluation or search services to a substantial client list of foundations or other grantmaking entities);
- Individual philanthropists whose annual charitable giving is $5,000 or more; or
- Currently active members of an AAPIP-affiliated Giving Circle.
Individual Membership Benefits:
- Added an active AAPIP member to our roster
- Eligible to vote in the annual AAPIP Board election
- Eligible to be nominated for election to the AAPIP board or to serve as an AAPIP Chapter co-chair
- Opportunities to become involved in ad hoc committees or working groups
Professional Development and Leadership Opportunities
- Member discount rate at AAPIP National Network Convening / Annual Meeting and other programs.
- Member newsletter and priority invitations to AAPIP programs and special events.
- AAPIP member-only programs or discounts or access to programs AAPIP co-sponsors or hosts such as CHANGE Philanthropy’s Unity Summit, collaborative events with other networks or institutions such as specific funder briefings.
Recruit Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Talent
- Complementary job listings on AAPIP website that are also fast-tracked through our system.
Impact the Philanthropic Field
- Invitation to design and organize collaborative program sessions for AAPIP’s annual conference, regional symposia, funders briefings or other programming.
|Individual Membership||$300 per year|
All new memberships to AAPIP start in either January or in July.