Become an Institutional Member
Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP) expands and mobilizes resources for AAPI communities to build a more just and equitable society. By becoming an institutional member of AAPIP you are supporting racial equity and justice, becoming part of a values aligned network and learning community.
Join our membership-based organization that centers equity and justice in philanthropy to move money and build power of AAPI communities for an inclusive democracy.
Institutional Membership Eligibility
Institutional members include:
- Private independent foundations;
- Family foundations;
- Corporate foundations / corporations with community giving programs;
- Professional grantmaking networks or philanthropy-serving organizations;
- Government grantmaking entities (federal, state, city or county); and
- Public charities engaged in substantial grantmaking activities.
Institutional Membership Benefits:
- Eligible to designate one individual from the institution as the voting member for our annual AAPIP Board election.
- Eligible to designate up to 20 additional staff, directors, officers or trustees as participating members.
- All designated members eligible to be nominated for election to the AAPIP board or to serve as an AAPIP Chapter co-chair.
- Opportunities to become involved in ad hoc committees or working groups
Professional Development and Leadership Opportunities
- Member discount rate at AAPIP National Network Convening / Annual Meeting and other programs.
- Member newsletter and priority invitations to AAPIP programs and special events.
- AAPIP member-only programs or discounts or access to programs AAPIP co-sponsors or hosts such as CHANGE Philanthropy’s Unity Summit, collaborative events with other networks or institutions such as specific funder briefings.
Recruit Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Talent
- Complementary job listings on AAPIP website that are also fast-tracked through our system.
Impact the Philanthropic Field
- Invitation to design and organize collaborative program sessions for AAPIP’s annual conference, regional symposia, funders briefings or other programming.
- Active Institutional members will be list on our website which will be updated at least twice a year after the start of each of our membership cycles (January or July). In addition, institutional members who joined or renewed will be listed in our e-newsletter.
Annual Institutional Membership dues are based on asset size, as follows:
|Below $10 million||$500|
|$10m to $99m||$1,000|
|$100m to $499m||$2,500|
|$500m to $999m||$5,000|
|$1 billion or more||$10,000|
Note: Annual institutional memberships will begin either on January 1 or July 1
If you are a new Institutional Member applicant, please complete the online form and select the “Pay Now” button to pay by credit card.
If you need an invoice so you may pay by check, complete the online form and select “Pay by Check.”
Apply by Mail
If you prefer to complete a paper form to send by mail, please download and complete the Application Form found here.