As one of AAPIP’s oldest and largest chapters, we are deeply committed to advocating for our Asian American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities in need since our founding in 1990. We work collaboratively with community-based organizations, giving circles, foundations and philanthropic affinity groups to grow awareness of, direct funding & resources to and build capacity for nonprofits serving our AAPI community. We are uniquely positioned for impact knowing Los Angeles County’s population is larger than that of any state in the nation, except California.
Chapter activities may include:
- Signature Funders Van Tour of an AAPI ethnic community
- Funders briefings on issues impacting the AAPI Commmunity
- Opportunities to connect and network
- Joint Affinity Group (JAG) Holiday Reception
The Los Angeles Chapter works to:
- Increase funder awareness and knowledge about the state of the Asian American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) community, in order to increase nonprofit resources and capacity within local AAPI agencies and communities.
- Expand AAPI staff representation in philanthropy.
- Provide professional development and networking among AAPI nonprofit and philanthropic professionals and communities.
- Expand philanthropy among local AAPIs.
2022-2023 Chapter Co-Chairs
- Clara Chiu, AARP Foundation
- Derek Oye, Rose Hills Foundation
- Warren Fong, Jewish Community Foundation of LA
Our Institutional Members:
- Annenberg Foundation
- Asian Pacific Community Fund
- Bank of America Charitable Foundation
- California Community Foundation
- The California Endowment
- The California Wellness Foundation
- Conrad Hilton Foundation
- Dwight Stuart Youth Fund
- First 5 LA
- James Irvine Foundation
- Okura Mental Health Leadership Foundation
- Southern California Grantmakers
- Stuart Foundation
- Tarsadia Foundation
- Weingart Foundation
Designated staff and trustees of our institutional members receive full membership benefits. For more information or questions, please contact Kyla Alvarez, Development and Membership Manager, at .