National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum (NAPAWF)
National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum (NAPAWF) is the only organization focused on building power with AAPI women and girls to influence critical decisions that affect our lives, our families and our communities. Using a reproductive justice framework, we elevate AAPI women and girls to impact policy and drive systemic change in the United States.
NAPAWF was founded in 1996 to realize the vision of 100 AAPI women who recognized the need for an organization that would amplify AAPI women’s stories and experiences. Being seen and heard in the public narrative gives us the power to shape the policy and cultural change needed to gain agency over our lives, families, and communities.
Today, we are mobilizing and building power in cities across the United States to create social, political, and economic change for AAPI women and girls. We also show up in solidarity for other women of color who are experiencing injustice and harms of oppression and marginalization.
Our work is focused in the following strategies:
– Policy and Structural Change
– Organizing and Civic Engagement
– Legal Advocacy and Judicial Strategy
We use the Reproductive Justice lens to intersectionally address three core issues:
– Reproductive Rights and Health
– Economic Justice
– Immigration and Racial Justice
Reporting to the Director of Operations, (with dotted line to Chief Development Officer) the Administrative Coordinator supports the operations and development teams in maintaining and developing the infrastructure of a growing, multisite, national organization. This role will support critical back end office functions including office management, accounts payable/receivable and human resources.
– Ensures offices are equipped, clean and safe
– Maintains general email accounts, coordinating with relevant staff members and responding to general inquiries
– Receives mail, processes mail and deposits checks
– Administers and improves systems and processes
– Assists with office moves, openings and maintenance as needed
– Maintains and troubleshoots all equipment including laptops, phones, tablets, etc
– Project manages special projects as assigned
– Provides administrative and logistical support for department and organization including taking notes, scheduling meetings, creating documents, data entry, file organization, etc
– Other duties as assigned as a member of the NAPAWF team
– Coordinates with staff to administer program stipends
– Codes payables, receivables and revenue, and completes regular, timely and accurate reconciliation
– Coordinates with development and operations staff to ensure revenue is received and recorded
– Provides accounts Receivable support including reconciling when funds are received and are still outstanding and coordinating with team members as needed.
– Enters details about new donors, meetings held, and foundation grant details and other revenue sources into the database.
– Send acknowledge letters
– Coordinates development, sale and internal distribution of NAPAWF merchandise
– Assists with annual audit tasks as necessary
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary for this position is $45,000-50,000- commensurate with experience.
A highly competitive benefits package includes a 401(k) plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance. NAPAWF’s medical plan is covered by NAPAWF at 100% for employees and dependents with no out of pocket costs, including prescription drugs costs. Qualified dependents may also be covered.
NAPAWF offers full-time employees 15 days of vacation in the first year, sick leave, flexible spending program options and personal/family leave, as well as paid vacation between December 25 and January 2 of each year.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and REQUIREMENTS
This position is based in an office setting and requires regularly being able to sit or stand and perform computer based work, occasional lifting and travel may be required. The Administrative Coordinator will need to have access to a reliable vehicle to run business errands.
NAPAWF is committed to public health, and to the safety and well being of our colleagues and visitors. As such we have adopted a policy requiring all employees to receive all recommended COVID-19 vaccines and boosters or to apply for and receive an exemption.
NAPAWF is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
– Values fit: Commitment to the issues of AAPI and/or immigrant women and girls, health, social justice and human rights;
– Strategic Problem Solver: Is known to offer suggestions and brainstorm ideas with team members. Approaches the work with a problem-solving lens, focusing energy on finding solutions rather than exasperating problems. Considers the task at hand or moment in time in view of the larger context, systems and/or issues
– Self-driven work ethic and resilience: Exhibits ownership over goals and projects. Punctual, takes initiative, and is a self-starter. Isn’t afraid to ask for help when feeling stressed and overwhelmed. Flexible and able to adapt to shifting priorities under pressure.
– Highly Organized, motivated and detail oriented: Manages a high volume of work with efficiency: Has, or can create, a system for keeping tasks from slipping through the cracks. Able to juggle competing demands and prioritize without sacrificing quality. Pays attention to details: notices and fixes errors that others might overlook. Acknowledges mistakes and turns them into learning opportunities. Has a track record of leaving things better than they found them
– Leads and motivates others to action: Can Motivates & inspires others to take action. Knows when/how to delegate; holds the team and themselves accountable to meeting goals through a mix of inspiration and urgency.
– Works independently and manages up effectively: Capable of managing up and bringing key issues to direct supervisor’s attention. Clear on when to notify and when to handle. Knows when to delegate. Able to adjust to a changing workplace with colleagues in multiple locations. Commitment to the mission, values, aspirations of the organization;
– Experience with accounts payable and receivable a plus
– Prior experience with Every Action, Salesforce database, other CRM platforms a big plus;
– Ability to work flexible hours and travel occasionally.
How to Apply
Please apply directly on the NAPAWF website.