JustFund was created by funders and organizers of color to remove traditional barriers in philanthropy and to simplify the grants application process for organizations working at the forefront of social change. Built to center equity in grantmaking, and designed as a tool that brings the principles of trust-based philanthropy to life, we are resetting how grantmaking works for those seeking and distributing funding.
We fund transparently and move critical resources to chronically underfunded groups. We are looking for a candidate who is excited about working with funders to move money to the movement. You will need to be values-aligned, highly organized, bring exceptional user management skills, and be committed to centering equity and service in every engagement.
To learn more about JustFund, please visit us at: https://www.justfund.us
JustFund is seeking a mission-driven and values-aligned Community Support Associate to join our growing team.
In service of our mission to reset philanthropy, JustFund provides comprehensive grants management services and solutions to values-aligned funders. The Community Support Associate will play a vital role on the JustFund team by serving as the primary contact point for user engagement, maintaining user relationships, and supporting grants management. The Associate will field and problem solve queries, focus on iterative process improvement to elevate services, deliver a positive and engaging user experience, and effectively and thoughtfully communicate with users. The ideal candidate will be incredibly detail oriented, organized, and tech-savvy, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and have experience or interest in justice and racial equity work.
The Community Support Associate will report to the Director of Client Success. The Community Support Associate role is remote and will be based within the United States and will regularly interface with US-based team members across multiple time zones.
Deliver and Ensure a Positive User Experience:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for organizations using the JustFund platform, manage and close out customer support tickets, answer questions and troubleshoot issues via email, phone, and Zoom in a responsive and client-focused manner.
- Review, vet, and follow up with daily sign-up requests for new users.
- Engage and educate JustFund users through demonstrations and webinars and develop Help Center resources like how-to videos, and help articles.
- Track, document, and analyze user behavior, needs, and feedback including positive recognition and suggestions for improvement.
Support Grant Cycle Management:
- Manage grant cycle timelines meticulously from start to finish, ensure grant cycles run smoothly and on schedule, and provide logistical support as necessary.
- Send weekly segmented grant cycle communications, including: invitations to apply, reminders, declinations, grant recommendations, and confirmation of grant receipt.
- Track grant cycle submissions while ensuring accurate information, and collect ACH and check information as required and help disburse and track grants.
- Draft comprehensive grant summaries, dockets, and analytic reports.
Maintain Portal Quality Control and Producing Reports:
- Perform regular quality control reviews, updating and maintaining accuracy of proposal content and user data.
- Track technical issues, propose development feature updates, and implement improved protocols to enhance user experience.
- Develop quarterly report analytics of progress and growth of the portal, and complete data entry tasks as needed.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and technology and explore opportunities to implement findings within JustFund’s current processes.
TOTAL COMPENSATION (Salary and Benefits)
The Community Support Associate role is a full-time position, and we offer a competitive and holistic total compensation package that includes salary and benefits. The annual salary range for this position is $40,000 to $60,000 and will be commensurate to experience. All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid time off (including holidays and sick time)
- Wellness stipend
- Home office equipment allowance
- Cell phone and internet stipend
- Professional development stipend and access to professional development opportunities
- 2+ years of related work experience in a customer support role (SaaS company preferred); and/or equivalent related work experience in a nonprofit or philanthropy role.
- Deep commitment to JustFund’s mission and values and excitement about working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Outstanding communication, customer service, and relationship building skills.
- Experience and passion for building efficient systems and problem solving, with a strong orientation towards utilizing technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Demonstrated experience working with GoogleSuites, HubSpot, Microsoft Excel, and project management tools and applications such as Monday.com, Zoom, and Slack, etc.
- Exceptional organizational skills and independent problem solving skills, with the ability to propose and execute solutions.
- Must be able to work during Pacific Standard Time (PST) business hours and be available to provide technical assistance to support grant cycle deadlines regularly through 6 PM PST
- Knowledge of the social good community, which includes nonproﬁts, foundations, corporations, and individual donors a plus.
- Experience working in philanthropy or in grants management software a plus.
- Working proficiency in Spanish a plus.
How to Apply
We encourage individuals to submit their application for consideration even if they believe they do not have all of the preferred qualifications. We review applications on a rolling basis, and look forward to hearing from you.
JustFund is committed to having a values-driven, transparent, healthy, and collaborative culture. If the JustFund team can make the application process more accessible through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Working With Us
At JustFund, we are committed to diversity, inclusion, and racial equity. JustFund is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Our management team is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and general treatment during employment.