Korean American Community Foundation
Founded in 2002, KACF has a rich and long-respected history of lifting up underserved Korean
Americans in the metropolitan New York area. As a grant maker, capacity builder, philanthropic
thought leader and convener for New York City’s Korean American community, KACF has
established its presence and reputation as the organization that fosters a spirit of generosity
and social change in its community.
KACF is expanding its work beyond the greater metropolitan New York area, and it seeks a
Development Associate to join a small, dynamic and growing team during this exciting stage of
growth. The Development Associate will play an instrumental role in supporting our
development strategy and work to cultivate a culture of philanthropy in the Korean American
community in a number of ways including: fundraising, special events, donor cultivation and
stewardship and donor education. The position works strategically with most departments
across the organization and engages externally with Board members and donors. This position
offers the opportunity to build on, create and implement systems that maintain productivity in
our fundraising efforts.
– Support the planning and execution of KACF’s development strategy, including individual and corporate giving, management of donor relationships and grant applications.
– Assist with the planning and execution of all special events, including managing guest lists and following up on payments.
– Draft email correspondence on behalf of the President, Senior Philanthropy Officer and Director of Special Events.
– Provide administrative support to the Development Team as needed.
Database Management (40%)
– Manage the RENXT donor database, including all donor and gift entries; maintain up-to-date donor information, including contact information, affiliations, touchpoints, meeting history and giving history.
– Using the moves management tool, remind the President and Senior Philanthropy Officer regarding upcoming tasks and donor touchpoints.
– Produce reports and analyze data to inform fundraising and special events strategy.
– Prepare and send tax acknowledgment letters to donors.
President & Board (20%)
– Coordinate the President’s schedule and daily workflow, including arranging meetings and travel logistics, expense reporting and drafting correspondences.
– Serve as a liaison to KACF’s Board of Directors and provide support to board committees. Manage calendars and scheduling for board and committee meetings, compile and distribute information and materials for board members, coordinate meeting logistics, prepare agendas and minutes and coordinate and curate all materials for the annual board orientation for new board members.
– Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in fundraising for a nonprofit organization.
– Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to manage multiple projects for various stakeholders, and maturity to work with a diverse group of people and manage relationships.
– Self-motivated with an eagerness to learn and develop skills.
– Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
– Creative and innovative with a desire to pilot and implement new ideas.
– Strong organizational and time management skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence; team player.
– Proficiency with the RENXT donor database is preferred but not required.
– Passion for the work of KACF and ability to authentically articulate and champion its mission.
– Understanding and appreciation of Korean American culture, language and traditions is preferred but not required.
– Available to work during non-business hours (e.g., evenings, weekends) to support key events and opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply, please fill out an application here. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.