The Kresge Foundation
The Kresge Foundation is one of the top 20 private philanthropic foundations in the United States and the only one focused exclusively on expanding opportunities for people with low income in American cities. With an endowment of approximately $4 billion and a staff of over 100 employees, the foundation deploys grants and social investments across arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services and community development. The foundation’s state-of-the-art headquarters maintains an array of energy-efficient, water-conserving and health-promoting systems. The foundation also operates an office in Detroit’s Midtown district.
The Administrative Assistant supports the IT and Legal teams.
The Administrative Assistant is required to be proactive, self-directed, and must possess sound judgment and high attention to detail. This position also requires a commitment to producing high quality work and providing high-quality support while displaying a consistently collaborative and cooperative work style. The Administrative Assistant role requires highly professional, customer service focused interaction (orally and in writing) with external and internal partners within the Foundation. This position also requires the ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
Scheduling and Correspondence
• Schedules internal and external meetings, manages calendars, coordinates team events, assembles meeting materials, makes meal arrangements, and confirms appointments.
• Prepares and maintains correspondence and materials for key meetings.
• Proofreads, finalizes, and posts documents.
• Creates training/user documentation for users on new or modified equipment.
Budgets and Contracts
• Assists with budget management and tracking, including preparing and processing consulting agreements, contracts and statements of work.
• Maintains and updates the contract log and manages the DocuSign process for all contract executions.
• Processes and manages department invoices, contracts, and expenses, and resolves discrepancies with Finance as needed.
• Works within the contract management system, ContractPodAi, and train new administrative assistants on system use.
Team Travel and Logistics
• Coordinates business travel.
• Prepares mailings and shipments of materials; opens and distributes department mail.
• Coordinates the distribution, inventory and/or disposal of new and returned staff computer equipment.
• Maintains information on the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program.
• Maintains the record of upkeep, maintenance, replacement, and scrapping/donation of all printers with vendor managed services.
• Assists with survey preparation, distribution and recording/reporting of results as needed.
• Supports special projects as needed.
• Resolves issues with the foundation’s honorarium process as needed.
• Assists with team intranet site updates.
• Manages DocuSign templates as requested.
• Demonstrates dedication to the Foundation’s mission and values in daily interactions.
• Participates in scheduled team and foundation events to strengthen collaboration and enhance the overall work experience.
• Maintains active directory of Foundation staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is full-time. The starting salary for this position begins at $57,200.00 per year. Individual offers will be based on the candidate’s years of experience and our practice of upholding salary equity within the foundation.
This position requires occasional travel for foundation activities/events and professional development activities.
Some of the benefits include:
• Health, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid time off
• Half day Fridays
• 401k and 401k matching
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life, accident and disability insurance
• High school diploma required. Associate degree with course work in business communications, office management, or related areas preferred.
• At least three years of professional administrative office experience.
• High attention to detail.
• Experience with meeting scheduling, calendar management, and arranging travel.
• Experience planning or coordinating in-person meetings and events preferred.
• Advanced familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other office software.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Familiarity with video conferencing technology software, such as Zoom.
• Familiarity with web-based office management technology such as, ADP Workforce Now, Box, Concur, DocuSign, and Google Docs preferred.
• Highly collaborative approach to working in a team-based environment.
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities.
• The ability to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion.
How to Apply
The application deadline for this position is Midnight EST on November 20, 2023. Please click here to apply.
The Kresge Foundation COVID -19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be “up to date” on the COVID-19 vaccination. The Foundation defines “up to date” as having received two primary doses of the Pfizer-BioNtech or Moderna vaccine or one primary dose of the J&J vaccine and any booster dose(s) when eligible. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. If you believe you need a disability or religious accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act regarding the vaccination policy, you are responsible for requesting an accommodation prior to your first day of employment by notifying Human Resources. Employment will be contingent upon the outcome of the accommodation review process.
This position is located in Troy, Michigan and currently has a hybrid schedule. Tuesday and Wednesday are the standard in-office days, however, there may be times when you will have to adjust the days based on work needs.
Kresge is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Kresge Foundation participates in E-Verify to confirm authorization to work in the United States. For more information on E-Verify and to know your rights please click here.