Tipping Point Community
San Francisco, CA
Tipping Point’s mission is to break the cycle of poverty for people in the Bay Area who don’t have the resources to meet their basic needs. Since 2005, Tipping Point has invested nearly $350 million for housing, early childhood, education, and employment solutions in the region. Our board covers 100% of our operating costs, so every dollar donated goes where it’s needed most. Last year, 500,000 people in the Bay Area connected with our grantees. Visit www.tippingpoint.org to learn more.
Tipping Point’s core values are at the heart of everything we do and we look for individuals who share our commitments:
- We cultivate community because we know we are more powerful together.
- We practice gratitude.
- We hold ourselves accountable to achieving impact for and with the communities we serve.
- We relentlessly pursue equity because one’s background and identities should not predetermine one’s opportunities.
The Office Coordinator is part of a team passionate about changing the landscape of poverty and philanthropic giving in the Bay Area. They are responsible for ensuring that employees have the resources they need to work effectively and that grantees, donors, and volunteers have an optimal experience with Tipping Point.
The Office Coordinator reports directly to the Talent Operations Coordinator.
What will you do?
- Answer incoming calls, screen and direct calls; take and relay messages to the appropriate Tipping Point team members.
- Greet and direct all visitors to the correct destination.
- Coordinate weekly calendar for phone coverage to ensure that designated staff are trained and scheduled to provide support during the lunch break.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries daily, and manage all incoming checks including endorsement, photocopying, and sorting.
- Manage the inventory for office and café supplies and equipment; coordinate regular office space/closet cleaning and regular upkeep cleanings to ensure space, supplies and equipment are well organized and neat.
- Ensure that the reception area, café, supply areas, and conference rooms are kept neat and tidy and consistent with our brand identity.
- Enter selected invoices into Salesforce and prepare monthly credit card reports into Expensify.
- Manage scheduling and logistics for organization-wide meetings, including All Hands, Lunch with Leaders, and Thank You for Being a Tipping Point.
- Support the onboarding of new employees by configuring office systems (including phone, copier, building access, etc.) and setting up desks with necessary equipment and supplies.
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with safety trainings.
- Serve as a liaison between Tipping Point and the on-site property manager and notify staff with building updates as needed.
- Support the Chief Operating Officer on office improvements, construction, and vendor management, serving as the main point of contact for contractors and vendors.
Conference Room Support
- Help manage office systems (including phone, internet, email, copiers), liaising with external vendors to identify needs, monitor systems, and resolve issues as they arise.
- Help with meeting setup in conference rooms, including providing basic technology support and troubleshooting.
- Help with managing telecommunications systems (phone + Zoom rooms) including monitoring system performance to assure dependable and uninterrupted operation of equipment.
All other duties as assigned.
Salary + Classification
Tipping Point is committed to paying competitive wages. In an effort to increase equity, because we know that salary negotiations tend to have an unfair bias, we do not participate in a salary negotiation process for any candidate. We will make our best offer, and it will be the same regardless of the candidate. The annual starting salary for the Office Coordinator role is $64,500. This is a non-exempt position as defined by state and federal law. Non-exempt employees paid on an hourly basis and are eligible for overtime pay.
What qualifications are we looking for?
In addition to our core values, Tipping Point staff exhibit four core competencies: flexibility, exceptional communication skills, ability to work well on a team, and the ability to continuously problem solve in the face of challenges.
Additionally, the Office Coordinator must have:
- Administrative experience supporting an office environment in a small to medium-sized organization.
- Strong customer-service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Demonstrated track record of dependability and consistency.
- Ability to problem solve and address new challenges as they arise.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Willingness to pitch in and be a team player who also works well independently.
- Strong skills in Google (Gmail, Calendar) and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Commitment to Tipping Point’s mission and values and ability to operate with the highest degree of integrity in representing the organization.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with operating Zoom room system
- Experience supporting remote or hybrid work environments.
*“Nice to have” really means just that; it’s entirely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit. It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas — we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Tipping Point is committed to providing our staff with a safe work environment and helping to promote the health of our community. As such, Tipping Point will require all employees to confidentially show proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless they are unable to receive the vaccine because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII, and applicable state laws, Tipping Point is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for employees who (1) cannot take the vaccine due to a medical disability or (2) seek an exemption from the vaccine based on sincerely held religious beliefs.
Hybrid Work Environment
Tipping Point is committed to the safety of our staff and to facilitating connection and community with one another. While we were remote for almost two years, we are a highly in-person culture and have moved into a hybrid work environment. While managers have some discretion over the schedule, teams are generally expected to be in person Tuesday-Thursdays. All other days staff may choose to work in the office or remotely. However, for the Office Coordinator role, the duties are primarily in office and the expectation is to work at the office Monday – Friday. Please note that in a constantly changing environment, Tipping Point may adjust this arrangement as it sees the need to.
How to Apply
Ready to change your life? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Tipping Point will consider qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Tipping Point accepts applications on a rolling basis; if the position is still posted on our website, we are still accepting and giving equal consideration to applications.