The One8 Foundation propels and supports outstanding leaders with compelling ideas that deliver scaled, sustainable social impact. We are both a venture philanthropy and a pro bono consulting firm working side by side with grantee partners to create social change. The Education Portfolio is oriented around the idea that an outstanding education should be available to all, regardless of zip code. One8 identifies, supports and scales high impact programs and approaches that help schools and teachers prepare students for success in a rapidly changing, high tech world. We focus on STEM and 21st century skills and applied learning opportunities that make learning relevant, stimulating and rewarding for students, amplifying understanding and interest. We pilot promising programs and school models, work with non-profit leaders to foster continual improvement and scale those programs with proven results.
Portfolio Associates are responsible for helping to identify potential grant opportunities through robust due diligence of investment areas and organizations, providing consulting or strategic planning support for grantees, and conducting research on areas of interest to build the foundations’ internal knowledge. Associates report to Portfolio Managers and split time working across multiple projects within the Education portfolio. Associates will have broad exposure to the education sector and become active members in the collaborative One8 culture that includes monthly education team meetings, continual brainstorming and knowledge sharing.
Associate responsibilities include:
▪ Conduct research and due diligence on potential investment areas and organizations.
▪ Perform all necessary analyses, which may include benchmarking, financial modeling, competitive assessment, and analysis of organizational outcomes.
▪ Assess quality and sustainability of organizational leadership, strategic plans, and business models.
▪ Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the One8 Foundation’s areas of concentration; scour sources to get smart on organizations and issue areas.
▪ Assist in development and refinement of strategic, business and/or implementation plans in partnership with leaders from grantee organizations and/or potential grantees.
▪ Participate in strategic planning sessions, which focus on issues such as theory of change, model codification, strategic priorities, articulation of outcomes, etc.
▪ Provide strategic and “block & tackle” support to grantees in the execution of strategic plans, offering analysis and advice on program implementation, outcomes, finances, human capital and other areas.
▪ Foster strong working relationships and effective channels of communication with leaders from both grantee organizations and potential grantees.
▪ Prepare investment papers for the One8 Foundation’s board meetings.
Qualified candidates will possess:
▪ A strong belief that the cycle of poverty can be broken and that life outcomes of children can be dramatically improved with a high-quality education and appropriate supports.
▪ 2-4 years of experience in an Analyst or Associate role at a top tier consulting firm. Strong candidates with 1 year of experience will be considered.
▪ Demonstrated ability to conduct research, analyze and interpret programmatic, management and financial information, and sift through information to unearth relevant implications and opportunities.
▪ Strong and creative problem-solving capabilities.
▪ A strong commitment to act, break down barriers and be part of the solution.
▪ Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse people and organizations.
▪ A love of learning and achievement and the desire and skills to help others succeed.
▪ Self-motivation, ability to work independently, take initiative and solve problems.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail; ability to produce high impact work product in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply with their resume at the following link: https://airtable.com/shrOifwl43ROIgYD8?hide_Role+Title=true&prefill_Role+Title=recMrM2L1RR7E8P8D