Asian Pacific Fund
Asian Pacific Fund supports a network of nonprofits that are deeply rooted in the community and provide an array of services for Asians and Pacific Islanders including senior and youth services, health and well-being, counseling, legal services, advocacy, civic engagement, and arts and culture.
Core Areas of Focus
• Philanthropy: We work to increase and mobilize resources from donors,
corporations and institutions to support the Bay Area’s under served APIs.
• Community: We support a network of over 80 affiliate organizations that serve APIs across a wide range of needs including senior and youth services, health and well-being, counseling, legal services, advocacy, civic engagement, and arts and culture.
• Leadership: We cultivate leadership by recognizing current and future API leaders who have achieved success and are role models for giving back and making a difference among our youth, in higher education and in philanthropy.
• Awareness: We bring to light emerging issues as they impact APIs in the Bay Area.
Our mission is to strengthen the Asian and Pacific Islander community in the Bay Area by increasing philanthropy and supporting the organizations that serve our most vulnerable community members.
We envision a thriving Asian and Pacific Islander community with presence and impact.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
THE POSITION: President/Executive Director
Asian Pacific Fund seeks a visionary, entrepreneurial and strategic leader that will grow its presence, resources and impact through increasing and diversifying fundraising, building innovative and creative marketing strategies and growing its network of external partnerships and collaborators. The next leader will work closely with the Board to ensure the implementation of the newly established strategic goals and objectives and develop, manage and motivate staff to fulfill the vision and mission of the organization.
• Partner closely and leverage effectively the committed Board of Directors to focus on strategic short and long-term goals over the next 3-5 years that will be key to addressing the needs of the API community and the growth and sustainability of the organization. Keep the Board fully informed of the organization’s operations, fiscal health and progress on the strategic goals.
• Expand overall fundraising efforts to support existing organizational and programmatic initiatives and the future growth of APF. Work closely with the development team to inspire and cultivate new relationships with foundations, corporations, and high net-worth individuals to significantly increase the number and level of gifts.
• Actively engage and energize Board members, staff, funders, affiliates, and external stakeholders through a continuous focus on relationship building.
• Motivate, inspire, manage and continue to build a strong team and healthy culture of collaboration in the organization.
• Deepen and refine all aspects of external communications with the goal of increasing the visibility and recognition of the needs of the community and the work of APF and its affiliates.
• A minimum of five years of senior management experience ideally in the non-profit sector, with a track record of effectively leading and scaling an organization.
• Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
• Proven track record of raising significant resources for ambitious projects and initiatives. Substantial fundraising experience in identifying and cultivating new donors. Well versed in developing meaningful and long-lasting relationships with key funders.
• Strong organizational management skills with the ability to coach, manage and develop high-performing teams. Significant knowledge of finance and budgeting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills: a persuasive and passionate communicator with seasoned interpersonal and relationship building skills and a clear sense of how to adapt messages to specific and diverse audiences.
• Confidence and ability to make and delegate decisions as needed, work well under pressure and adapt easily to changing situations and priorities.
• Deep listening skills. Someone who can relate to and communicate with diverse audiences and manage diverse viewpoints in a professional and compelling manner.
• Results oriented and resourceful with the drive to be proactive, strategic and operational.
• Ability to work collaboratively with Board, staff, external partners and funders.
• Warm, welcoming and approachable.
• Sense of humor.
Bachelor’s degree required. MBA desirable.
An attractive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
Please email resumes and cover letters to Azzani Search Consultants:
Asian Pacific Fund is committed to workforce diversity.