The Boston Foundation
The Asian Community Fund (ACF) is the first and only philanthropic fund in Massachusetts dedicated to the needs of the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community. Established as a permanent resource at the Boston Foundation (TBF) in 2020, ACF was designed to develop, strengthen, and support AAPI power in Massachusetts, to galvanize and unite the diverse ethnicities within this community, and to build a stronger advocacy voice. The Fund seeks to advocate for equal access to all aspects of our society and collaborate with other communities of color and oppressed communities to build collective strengths to overcome injustice and racism.
The Asian Business Empowerment Council (ABEC) is an emerging venture seeded and launched by the Asian Community Fund (ACF) in May 2022. ABEC aims to support Asian American businesses, particularly immigrant-owned businesses, to overcome historic inequities in access to capital and public contracting opportunities, and to increase opportunities for economic growth and success.
Title: Program and Development Manager, Asian Community Fund
Reports To: Executive Director, Asian Community Fund
FLSA Classification: Exempt FTE: 1.00
Hybrid Schedule (subject to change): In office Tuesday and Thursday. Remote work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Available for in-person community convenings and events as needed.
The Program and Development Manager works with the Director of the Asian Community Fund (ACF) and Director of the Asian Business Empowerment Council (ABEC) to advance strategies that strengthen and amplify the needs of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) residents, nonprofits, and businesses across Massachusetts. As a key partner for both of these burgeoning initiatives, the Manager will provide operational and strategic support for a robust body of work, including convenings and events, fundraising and donor relations, and communications and outreach.
• Program implementation
o Schedule and coordinate leadership committees, working groups, and community initiatives with a high degree of agility, accuracy, and flexibility;
o Draft briefing documents and meeting minutes, and support the prioritization and execution of next steps;
o Act as a key liaison to internal and external partners in implementing events, convenings, and initiatives, in coordination with ACF and ABEC Directors
• Fundraising and donor relations
o Identify, cultivate, and steward prospective and existing donors to maximize their engagement and philanthropic commitments;
o Support the planning and execution of ACF’s forthcoming fundraising campaign;
o Develop and execute tailored and compelling solicitation and engagement plans for supporters and prospects, while deepening partnerships and increasing revenue;
o Ensure timely and accurate data tracking in Salesforce;
• Communications and outreach
o Create and maintain multiple content channels, including ACF and ABEC’s webpages, email newsletters, social media presence, and print/digital collateral;
o Maintain and update lists of ACF and ABEC’s ecosystem of partners, including AAPI community organizations, AAPI-owned businesses and technical assistance providers, supporters, and other stakeholders;
o Represent ACF and ABEC externally, including participating in community events and coalitions; and
o Support the marketing and promotion of ACF and ABEC’s impact and initiatives.
Other Duties and Responsibilities: individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
• College degree or equivalent experience;
• Minimum of 3 years in nonprofit fundraising and programming.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
• Passion for the goals of ACF and ABEC and familiarity of the needs facing the AAPI community in Massachusetts;
• Strong capacity to manage and coordinate simultaneous projects;
• Ability to successfully prioritize among multiple tasks within a fast-paced initiative;
• Experience supporting the development, implementation, and evaluation of programming and events;
• Successfully manage donor pipeline including identifying, analyzing, and prioritizing donors to increase philanthropic support and engagement;
• Demonstrated success meeting or exceeding fundraising goals;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Cultural competency;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficiency in Salesforce or other Customer Relations Management (CRM) platform preferred;
• Proactive, participative work style and the ability to receive and act on feedback;
• Resourceful and able to work independently; and
• Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
• Ability to work at workstation for long periods of time;
• Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time;
• Ability to work on-site and remotely, as required; and
• Ability to travel across the Greater Boston area to meet with key partners.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted online. Select “Program and Development Manager, Asian Community Fund” to complete our online application process.