AAPI Civic Engagement Fund
Remote / Los Angeles
The AAPI Civic Engagement Fund believes that Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders must be an integral part of strengthening America’s democracy, improving the quality of life for all, and creating vibrant multiracial communities.
The AAPI Civic Engagement Fund seeks an experienced writer for a short-term contract position to work with its team in the production of periodic grant dockets, the Fund’s annual report, and other writings as needed. Responsibilities involve writing original content, summarizing written narratives, editing publicity materials, and occasional online research and data analysis. The project will begin in mid-to-late September and work will range between 10 to 15 hours per week.
- Excellent English writing and project management skills
- Demonstrated writing experience, specifically grant-writing or reports for foundations
- Strong proofreading / copy editing skills with a sharp eye for detail
- Attentive, reliable, and able to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Asian American and Pacific Islander communities and issues, passionate about civic engagement, social justice, and democracy related issues
How to Apply
Please submit the following items to :
- Cover letter explaining your interest in this position, hourly rate, available hours, and available start date
- 2 relevant writing samples
- In your email, please include “Writer” in the subject line and save files in a PDFor Word format under LastName_FirstName_CL/Resume.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled.