Panorama is a platform for social change dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Our goal is to maximize social impact by partnering with visionary leaders, social entrepreneurs, nonprofit organizations, and the private sector to codevelop solutions with audacious thinking, radical collaboration, and bold action. Panorama’s value proposition is helping partners operate in smarter, more impactful, and more efficient ways. We serve as a fiscal sponsor and backbone organization to new and ongoing initiatives, a convenor and secretariat for networks & collaboratives, a philanthropic advisor to foundations and high-net-worth individuals, a grant maker through collaborative funds, and a consultancy offering strategic counsel and tactical support on social impact projects.
The Panorama Group is a community of organizations that includes:
• Panorama Global, a social impact nonprofit that empowers changemakers through radical collaboration,
• Panorama Strategy, a social purpose consultancy that accelerates progress for clients through audacious thinking, and
• Panorama Action, which mobilizes voices and resources through bold action.
Are you a master doer with a knack for designing and implementing new programs, building capacity, and facilitating community-building to help social change organizations leverage greater impact? Do you have experience with equity-minded social entrepreneurship, leadership support, and designing educational content? Are you a critical thinker who gets excited by data analysis and synthesis of trends and insights? If so, you could be just the person we are looking for to be the first Senior Program Officer of our brand new Accelerating Social Change Leadership Initiative.
The Accelerating Social Change Leadership Initiative, housed within our Scalable Solutions department, will be a collaborative hub for supporting leaders to drive change at scale and support the effectiveness and efficiency of the social change sector. This multi-disciplinary program has four primary goals:
• Build knowledge among early-stage social entrepreneurs about different nonprofit operating models and provide direct support for their growth and enhanced impact.
• Lower the barriers for social change leaders to efficiently launch and sustain projects and campaigns.
• Support social change leaders to scale impact and thought leadership effectively, develop resilience, and deepen their ability to innovate and collaborate.
• Enable the intangible pre-requisites for driving collaborations and creating space for joint strategizing and visioning.
This full-time, exempt position reports to the Director, Scalable Solutions. This position is expected to have one or more direct reports in the future as the portfolio grows. This position is available on a fully remote basis within the United States.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Program Design and Implementation
• Help design and carry out the day-to-day implementation of the Accelerating Social Change Leadership initiative, starting with its first pillar supporting early-stage social entrepreneurs through peer-learning communities, strategic counsel, and learning resources.
• Develop educational resources, such as a Getting Started Guide and an online curriculum for social entrepreneurs and leaders, by curating existing content and commissioning new ones to fill gaps in the field.
• Recruit, manage and support issue experts and consultants.
• Utilizing an intersectional, equity-driven lens to help identify priority constituencies and propose strategic goals in collaboration with programmatic leadership.
• Help conduct landscape analysis of programs, tools, and educational resources already available for early-stage social change leaders; develop relationships and partnerships with other social entrepreneurship funders and service providers to ensure strong value proposition for Panorama’s offerings and collaborative stance.
• In close collaboration with Vice President, Director, and Program Assistant: define and develop team objectives, goals and strategic plans, create workplans, meet timelines, and maintain strong attention to detail, to attain organizational, program, and participant objectives.
Business Development and Stakeholder Management
• Contribute to business development by developing and drafting concept notes and pitching new portfolios and projects to Panorama senior leadership, donors, and other interested parties.
• Help adapt strategic priorities for business development based on organizational and departmental values, goals and objectives.
• Lead engagement and resolution of stakeholder inquiries and/or concerns, including from funders, partners, and social entrepreneurs who are being supported by the portfolio.
• Develop well-informed advice, strategies, and ideas that drive equity and responsiveness to the needs of stakeholders and take into account global context/broader perspective.
• Work with internal partners to manage project and proposal budgets in alignment with the initiative’s vision.
Facilitation and Peer Learning Communities Program Management
• Design and facilitate peer learning communities among early-stage social change leaders. This includes cohort and session design, facilitation, management of resource experts and guest speakers, developing participatory roles for cohort members, and evaluation.
• Capture insights and trends from the peer learning communities and their participants; develop into a cohesive and compelling narrative to share with other practitioners and key stakeholders.
• Develop collaborations with other Panorama team members also working on peer-learning communities across the enterprise.
Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation
• Support the development of program impact assessment metrics, including quantitative and qualitative measures, to assess progress and normative shifts.
• Develop and implement mechanisms for measuring and evaluating program success with a focus on continuous learning, iteration and deepening engagement. This includes regular surveying of Panorama’s social entrepreneurship ecosystem to ensure that our portfolio design is human-centered and responsive to the needs and aspirations of our target constituents.
• Synthesize learnings and develop methods to share with the Panorama team, partner organizations, and external audiences.
• Track and analyze key trends, developments, knowledge, and players relevant to supporting entrepreneurs and social impact leaders to inform recommendations and refinements to the initiative and departmental strategic plan.
Typical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• At least ten years of work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
• Experience in program design, implementation, management, and evaluation, with demonstrated interest in deploying an equity lens.
• Cross-cultural competence with a track record of embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and continuous learning into program design.
• Ability to craft strategy with cross-cultural competence to serve diverse constituents and sectors.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, social enterprise and nonprofit organizational life cycles and leadership needs at different phases of development.
• Understanding of nonprofit and social enterprise sectors, trends, and gaps, especially around leadership development.
• Experience in developing educational offerings, such as curricula or training modules.
• Experience with staggered or complex project management.
• Skill in designing and facilitating cohort meetings to build community and achieve outcomes.
• Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity; ability to forge pathways forward amid uncertainty, with the willingness to pivot as necessary and roll up one’s sleeves to get the work done.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, able to effectively synthesize information to reach diverse audiences and build consensus.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and willingness to learn other software platforms.
• Experience operating in different cultural contexts, inside and outside the United States, the philanthropic sector, and social change organizations across intersectional or disparate issues.
• Experience with open-access course platforms such as Coursera, EdX or Acumen.
• Ability to bring together thought leaders and facilitate generative conversations to identify good strategies and practices to make change.
• Knowledge of human-centered design and equitable evaluation.
• Familiarity with experiential and/or immersive learning
• Experience with project management and knowledge management tools such as Asana, Salesforce etc.
• Additional language proficiencies welcomed.
This job description may change as our team continues to grow and evolve – we hope you’ll be excited to evolve with us as we scale and increase our impact.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and optional cover letter on our Careers Page portal using the following link.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.