W.K. Kellogg Foundation
Grand Rapids, MI
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation with headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan, is a leading philanthropic institution supporting thriving children, working families, equitable communities, and the dynamic connection between the three.
“The W.K. Kellogg Foundation supports children, families, and communities as they strengthen and create conditions that propel vulnerable children to achieve success as individuals and as contributors to the larger community and society.”
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
The Senior Program Officer is responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for effecting positive systemic change within communities and executing programming efforts that are aligned with the Foundation’s strategic priorities. The Senior Program Officer will lead a team of program officers, and work closely with colleagues within the Foundation, philanthropy, and the field to ensure that the Kellogg Foundation leverages opportunities to improve access to high quality, early childhood education, expanded access to healthcare, and advance economic mobility for working families in the Grand Rapids area with a specific focus on early childhood education.
YOUR POTENTIAL IMPACT
The Senior Program Officer will have the following responsibilities:
• Enhance relationships among the Foundation, grantees, and partners to progress the Foundation’s priorities.
• Lead and grow a high performing team.
• Drive place-based grantmaking strategies that leverage WKKF investments for maximum impact.
• Be a thought partner to the overall strategic direction and development of programming efforts.
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
Success in the Senior Program Officer role will require a passion to further the WKKF’s mission and a commitment to core values of diversity and inclusion, intercultural awareness, openness, collaboration, and stewardship. The ideal candidate will also possess the following professional abilities, attributes, and experiences:
• Strategic Systems Thinker
• Relationship Builder and Effective Communicator
• Intercultural Competence
• Networked Leader
• Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to assigned area is required and an advanced degree is preferred.
• Minimum five years of related work experience and demonstrated success in a field or fields relevant to assigned responsibilities. Significant relevant work experience with strong networks and contacts with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking, and community change is preferred.
• Experience working with issues and communities relevant to the programmatic priorities of the foundation.
• Three to five years’ experience in supervising/motivating a team preferred.
• Experience in the formation or management of effective strategic and operational partnerships with other organizations.
• Understanding of and experience navigating political systems and processes that need to be disrupted for children and communities to thrive.
• Experience working effectively on policy equity issues with persons from diverse cultural, social, economic, religious, and ethnic backgrounds, specifically in and around the Grand Rapids area.
Salary range is $134,000 – $168,000. Actual starting salary of candidate being commensurate with years, breadth, and depth of relevant experience, education, certifications, credentials, special skills, accomplishments, and other factors relevant to the position.
How to Apply
More information about the W.K. Kellogg Foundation may be found at: www.wkkf.org
This search is being led by Katherine Jacobs, Chaz Chapman and Sharon Gerstman of NPAG. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume via NPAG’s website.
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.