The Boston Foundation
The Boston Foundation believes that one of the great strengths of the Greater Boston community is the rich diversity of its residents in race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age and physical abilities. The Foundation seeks to enhance and support that diversity, not only by its grant making, but also by adopting and implementing employment policies and practices designed to recognize and respond to such diversity.
The Boston Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experience.
Title: Sr. Operations and Business Manager, Embrace Boston
Reports To: Deputy Director, Director of Operations
FLSA Classification: Exempt FTE: 1
Hybrid Schedule (subject to change): On-site Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Remote Monday and Friday. (Onboarding will be done on-site, Monday – Friday)
The Sr. Operations and Business Manager will assist in managing Embrace Boston’s daily operations, project manage special initiatives, and project manage the development of new earned-revenue opportunities for our growing and maturing enterprise. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing operational policies and procedures, providing administrative and operating support, improving and building new administrative and operational systems, and collaborating with various stakeholders to develop new and exciting business opportunities.
● Develop and manage policies and relationships with external managed service providers within deadlines;
● Assist in the development, implementation and management of Embrace Boston’s strategies for earned income opportunities;
● Develop and implement new operational policies and procedures within Embrace Boston to improve organizational efficiency;
● Coordinate policies and procedure implementations with the Boston Foundation, collaborating with internal partners to ensure alignment and legal compliance;
● Evaluate and improve existing administrative and operational systems within Embrace Boston to enhance efficiency and effectiveness;
● Collaborate with Embrace Boston team members to ensure effective communication and coordination of enterprise operations;
● Assist in the development and management of Embrace Boston’s budgets, financial forecasts, and performance metrics;
● Under the direction of the Director of Operations, manage key special projects;
● Provide clear communications, build relationships and consensus with internal and external partners, and provide collaborative leadership;
● Under the direction of the Director of Operations, conduct risk analysis, identify and suggest mitigations to operational risks;
● Participate in various other Embrace Boston activities, as needed;
● Represent the organization externally;
● Ability to effectively leverage social media platforms – features, best practices, demographics – for business development;
● Utilizes creativity and attention to detail to work collaboratively with others; and
● Ability to effectively communicate messages or concepts with internal and external stakeholders.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Individuals assigned to this position will perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
● 4-6 years professional work experience in a related field.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
● Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and implementing complex activities;
● Demonstrated successful project management skills;
● Ability to organize and coordinate projects with multiple components;
● Experience with professional operational policies and procedure design and implementation;
● Budget management skills, including financial forecasts, performance metrics, and earned income opportunities analysis;
● Ability to coordinate teamwork and work as part of a team;
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
● Excellent attention to detail;
● Demonstrated ability to conduct a risk analysis and suggest risk mitigation options;
● Computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products. Skill with Outlook, Excel and Power Point required;
● Understanding of and commitment to the Embrace Boston’s mission;
● A creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills;
● Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
● A participative work style and the ability to receive feedback;
● Resourceful and able to work independently; and
● Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
● Ability to work for long periods of time at a workstation;
● Ability to use a computer monitor and keyboard for long periods of time: and
● Ability to work onsite and remotely, as required.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted online. Go online and select “Senior Operations and Business Manager, Embrace Boston” to complete our online application process.