Asian Pacific Fund
San Francisco Bay Area
The Asian Pacific Fund is a community foundation with a mission to strengthen the Asian American and Pacific Islander (API) community in the Bay Area by increasing philanthropy and supporting the organizations that serve our most vulnerable community members. The Fund is the only foundation dedicated to improving the lives of the Bay Area’s Asians and Pacific Islanders with knowledge of the community’s needs and nonprofits who are making the most impact.
We do this by mobilizing resources, making grants, providing technical assistance, and showing up as a strategic thought leader on issues facing our communities. Since 1993, the Fund has given more than $10 million in grants and support to a network of more than 80+ API-led and serving nonprofit organizations. These organizations, known as “affiliates,” are at the forefront of addressing a wide range of needs and issues in the API community including senior and youth services, health and well-being, counseling, legal services, advocacy, civic engagement, and arts and culture.
The Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. For more information, please visit our website at www.asianpacificfund.org.
The Coordinator, Community Initiatives & Grantmaking is a new role that will report to the Director of Community Initiatives and Grantmaking and work closely with the Fund’s Community Liaison. This position will provide project management and administrative support to ensure the successful execution of programs, convening, and grantmaking.
Key Areas of Responsibility
▪ Coordinate and promote donor-driven programs including scholarships and the Chang-Lin Tien Leadership in Education Award. This includes screening applications, setting up and coordinating selection committees, scheduling interviews with potential recipients, and serving as a main point of contact for questions.
▪ Coordinate and promote the Give in May campaign, an online fundraising campaign to support API nonprofits across the nation. This includes helping nonprofits register on the platform, pulling data and reports on the campaign, and coordinating outreach and promotion of the campaign.
▪ Coordinate and provide administrative support for programs and events including the annual API Summit, Affiliate Convenings, annual Gala, and issue specific briefings.
▪ Collaborate with the Fund’s Community Liaison to coordinate the Fund’s direct grantmaking programs. This includes promoting grant opportunities, providing technical assistance to applicants, and coordinating review and selection of proposals.
▪ Manage database of grants made, regularly generate reports on awarded grants, and periodically conduct analysis of key learning and outcomes of grants made.
Other duties as assigned.
Compensation, Benefits, and Start Date
This full-time position offers a salary of $60,000 – $70,000 per year depending on experience, flexible work hours, collaborative work environment, and a benefits package that includes generous vacation, medical and dental insurance, and the option of participating in a 403(b) retirement savings plan, and pre-tax transit benefit program.
▪ A minimum of 3 years of project management experience
▪ Highly detail oriented and customer focused
▪ Experience pulling data from systems including Salesforce
▪ A successful history of setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills that support and enable sound decision making
▪ Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
▪ A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
▪ A natural team player who enjoys supporting and collaborating with colleagues
▪ Ability to see the big picture and think strategically while also being able to execute tactical tasks
▪ Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and demonstrated commitment to addressing issues facing the Asian and Pacific Islander communities
How to Apply
Application Process – PLEASE READ CLOSELY:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to with the subject line: “Coordinator, Community Initiatives & Grantmaking: Your Name.” Cover letters should say why you are interested in this role and how your experience and skills are relevant. No phone calls or email inquiries, please.