Asian Pacific Fund
Remote but based in Bay Area
The Asian Pacific Fund is a community foundation with a mission to strengthen the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community in the Bay Area by increasing philanthropy and supporting the organizations that serve our most vulnerable community members. The Fund is the only foundation dedicated to improving the lives of the Bay Area’s Asians and Pacific Islanders with knowledge of the community’s needs and nonprofits who are making the most impact.
We do this by mobilizing resources, making grants, providing technical assistance, and showing up as a strategic thought leader on issues facing our communities. Since 1993, the Fund has given more than $10 million in grants and support to a network of 80+ API-led and serving nonprofit organizations. These organizations, known as “affiliates,” are at the forefront of addressing a wide range of needs and issues in the API community including senior and youth services, health and well-being, counseling, legal services, advocacy, civic engagement, and arts and culture. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. For more information, please visit our website at www.asianpacificfund.org.
The Development Coordinator (DC) is a full-time remote position with the exception of monthly in-person team meetings, three to four annual events, and other in-person meetings as needed. Reporting to the Director of Development, the DC will focus on development efforts, including being the administrator for our Salesforce donor database.
▪ Maintain data in Salesforce database to ensure accuracy and integrity of the data
▪ Input all new or updated data for donor records
▪ Create and maintain reports and dashboards in Salesforce
▪ Create invoices and acknowledgement letters
▪ Support donor advised fund grants and reporting
▪ Manage annual online fundraising campaign
▪ Assist Director of Development with selected portfolio management
▪ Submit grant applications and reports under supervision of Director of Development
▪ Conduct constituent research and provide profiles for selected donors and prospects
▪ Maintain fundraising accounts receivable and reconcile with bookkeeper records
▪ Reconcile grants, sponsorships and donations from bank records and multiple donation platforms
Hours, Compensation and Start Date
This full-time position offers a salary of $60,000 – $70,000 per year depending on experience. The position is available to begin immediately and is eligible for the following benefits:
• Medical/dental coverage
• 403(b) plan
• Pre-tax transit benefit program
• Professional Development
• Home office support stipend
• Generous vacation
• 13 paid holidays
• Flexible work hours
• Largely remote work environment
▪ BA/BS degree or the equivalent in related work experience (2-4 years)
▪ Expertise in managing data and pulling reports in Salesforce ideal
▪ Extraordinary attention to detail with exceptional follow through
▪ Excellent communication skills, especially via email with a high degree of professionalism
▪ Ability to multi-task and handle a broad range of responsibilities
▪ Excellent Microsoft Office skills
▪ Team player, self-motivated, must be able to work independently as well as collectively to complete daily tasks
▪ Ability to be flexible, given our small team, and maintain a sense of humor
▪ Belief in the mission of the organization and commitment to serving the Asian and Pacific Islander community in the Bay Area.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume by email to with a subject line beginning with this exact phrase: “Development Coordinator 2023: Your Name”.
Please tailor your cover letter to this job posting. Email submissions that do not follow these instructions may not be reviewed. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.