JustFund was created by funders and organizers of color to remove traditional barriers in philanthropy and to simplify the grants application process for organizations working at the forefront of social change. Built to center equity in grantmaking, and designed as a tool that brings the principles of trust-based philanthropy to life, we are resetting how grantmaking works for those seeking and distributing funding.
We fund transparently and move critical resources to chronically underfunded groups. We are looking for a candidate who is excited about working with funders to move money to the movement. You will need to be values-aligned, highly organized, bring exceptional user management skills, and be committed to centering equity and service in every engagement.
To learn more about JustFund, please visit us at: https://www.justfund.us
JustFund is seeking a mission-driven and values-aligned Director of Finance and Operations to join our growing team.
The Director of Finance and Operations will be a vital member of the JustFund team, joining the Executive leadership team and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for developing key operational infrastructure, providing strong fiscal oversight, and leading operations and policy development for the organization. For this role, we are seeking a candidate who will oversee key areas of organizational management, including: finance, reporting and compliance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, legal, and administration.
This position is remote and will be regularly interfacing with US-based team members across multiple time zones.
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree.
- At least 8-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of financial and operations management experience.
- Demonstrated experience with final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or comparable human resources certification is a plus.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- A track record managing compliance regulations in or for 501(c)3 and 501(c)(4) organizations.
- A track record in grants management.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to multitask effectively and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of JustFund.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply by submitting their resume and cover letter here.
Black people, people of color, indigenous people, women, femmes, gender noncomforming people, persons with disabilities, justice involved or formerly incarcerated people, and LGBTQIA+ people are particularly encouraged to apply.
We encourage individuals to submit their application for consideration even if they believe they do not have all of the preferred qualifications. We review applications on a rolling basis, and look forward to hearing from you.
JustFund is committed to having a values-driven, transparent, healthy, and collaborative culture. If the JustFund team can make the application process more accessible through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing .