JustFund was created by funders and organizers of color to remove traditional barriers in philanthropy and to simplify the grants application process for organizations working at the forefront of social change. Built to center equity in grantmaking, and designed as a tool that brings the principles of trust-based philanthropy to life, we are resetting how grantmaking works for those seeking and distributing funding.
We fund transparently and move critical resources to chronically underfunded groups. We are looking for a candidate who is excited about working with funders to move money to the movement. You will need to be values-aligned, highly organized, bring exceptional user management skills, and be committed to centering equity and service in every engagement.
To learn more about JustFund, please visit us at: https://www.justfund.us
We are seeking a highly skilled and values-aligned Director of Product and Engineering. If you have deep experience in the tech sector and a passion for creating transformative impact, we want to hear from you!
The Director of Product and Engineering will lead strategy and implementation around product development. Working directly with the Founder and CEO and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will act as both a technology and business expert, oversee deployment of resources, and establish the product vision and growth plans. You will also lead system and quality assurance processes to ensure the protection of our assets while maintaining and evolving technology needs. For this role, we are seeking a candidate who will join our Executive leadership team and manage internal and external product teams. You will support our growth strategy by ensuring our technology supports expansion of existing customer relationships, anticipating current and future needs, developing new business opportunities, and cultivating partner relationships.
This position is remote and will be regularly interfacing with US-based team members across multiple time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated executive leadership roles showing a track record of tech innovation, creativity, design, development, implementation, and quality control. Typically this experience would include 8-10 years with organizational leadership.
- Prior CTO/Head of Engineering experience for a startup is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in software architecture, app development, and with building digital products from early-stage to scaling and maturity.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and public speaking skills, including exuding confidence and instilling confidence in others, and deep comfort operating with C-suite executives.
- Experience successfully improving processes, , managing contractual relationships, and demonstrating incredible understanding of customer and user behavior.
- Discerning insights into tech trends with the ability to speak about interrelated tech solutions such as cloud, networking, and security.
- Experience in, or a passion for, philanthropy, social justice organizing, advocacy, or movement building. Established relationships and networks within the philanthropy field is a plus
- Prior experience in startups or a high level of comfort in a more disruptive, fast-paced environment with limited resources without sacrificing quality
- Previous exposure to React, TypeScript, Node, MySQL, and experience with a variety of analytical tools, including Google Analytics
How to Apply
Applicants should apply by submitting their resume and cover letter here.
Black people, people of color, indigenous people, women, femmes, gender non-comforming people, persons with disabilities, justice involved or formerly incarcerated people, and LGBTQIA+ people are particularly encouraged to apply.
We encourage individuals to submit their application for consideration even if they believe they do not have all of the preferred qualifications. We review applications on a rolling basis, and look forward to hearing from you.
JustFund is committed to having a values-driven, transparent, healthy, and collaborative culture. If the JustFund team can make the application process more accessible through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing .