Since our founding in 2000, we continue to cultivate a rich space for building connections between established members in the philanthropic and non-profit sectors and those who are just entering it. From networking socials to educational events raising timely issues in the community, we have plenty of ways to plug in. We organize quarterly meetings open to anyone interested in being a part of a dynamic group of Asian American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) professionals who care about and want to improve the status of AAPI communities in our region.
- Funder Education: Provide learning opportunities about Asian American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) community needs and expand AAPI staff representation in philanthropy.
- Support AAPIs in the Philanthropic Field: Strengthen the network of AAPIs working in the philanthropic field through networking, leadership development, and other activities.
- Expand Philanthropy: Expand philanthropy among local AAPIs by supporting two AAPI Giving Circles in Massachusetts: Saffron Circle and Jasmine Asian Women Giving Circle.
- Enhance AAPI Nonprofits: Facilitate the development of the capacity of local AAPI nonprofits, mainly by partnering with organizations that can deliver needed technical assistance.
2020-2021 Chapter Chair
Hehershe Busuego, Essex County Community Foundation
[Open Co-Chair Position] Please contact if interested!
- Barr Foundation
- Boston Foundation
- Hyams Foundation
- Nellie Mae Education Foundation
- Proteus Fund
Designated staff and trustees of our insitutional members receive full memebership benefits. For more information or questions, please contact Marnelle Marasigan, Membership Services Manager at marnelle [at] aapip.org or at (510) 463-3161.