As one of AAPIP's oldest and largest chapters, we are deeply committed to advocating for our Asian American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities in need since our founding in 1990. We work collaboratively with community-based organizations, giving circles, foundations and philanthropic affinity groups to grow awareness of, direct funding & resources to and build capacity for nonprofits serving our AAPI community. We are uniquely positioned for impact knowing Los Angeles County's population is larger than that of any state in the nation, except California.
Annual activities may include the following.
- Signature Funders Van Tour of an AAPI Ethnic Community
- Funders Briefings on the State of the AAPI Community
- Leadership & Professional Development Seminars & Workshops
- Social Networking Reception
- Joint Affinity Group (JAG) Holiday Reception
- Increase funder awareness and knowledge about the state of the Asian American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) community and the need to expand AAPI staff representation in philanthropy.
- Increase nonprofit resources and capacity within local AAPI agencies and communities.
- Provide professional development and networking among AAPI nonprofit and philanthropic professionals and communities.
- Expand philanthropy among local AAPIs.
2017-2018 Chapter Co-Chairs
- Cathy Choi (cathy.choi[at]eisnerfoundation.org), Eisner Foundation
- Gerlie Collado (gerliecollado[at]gmail.com), The Music Center
Our Institutional Members:
- Bank of America Charitable Foundation
- California Community Foundation
- The California Endowment
- The California Wellness Foundation
- David Bohnett Foundation
- Dwight Stuart Youth Fund
- First 5 LA
- Kaiser Permanente
- LA84 Foundation
- Liberty Hill Foundation
- Okura Mental Health Leadership Foundation
- Weingart Foundation