Established in 1990, we hold the unique title of being both the birthplace of AAPIP's first chapter in the Midwest and in 2002, the birthplace of the first AAPIP affiliated giving circle in the country! Our members encompass a mix of members and friends who hail from the Chicago metro area, as well as Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.
The Chicago Chapter focuses on:
- Cultivating strong relationships between Asian American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) funders and organizations.
- Deepening our awareness of issues facing both established and emerging AAPI communities in Chicago.
- Working in collaboration with other people of color affinity groups.
2018-2019 Chapter Co-Chairs
- Chindaly Griffith (chindaly[dot]griffith[at]gmail.com), Streamlife Consulting
- Jaye Hobart (jaye[at]woodsfund.org), Woods Fund Chicago
- Hina Mahmood (hmahmood[at]woodsfund.org), Woods Fund Chicago
Our Institutional Members:
- The Chicago Community Trust
- The Kresge Foundation (Troy, MI)
- Lloyd A. Fry Foundation
- Lumina Foundation (Indianapolis, IN)
- Mc Arthur Foundation (Chicago, IL)
- Mondelez International (Deerfield, IL)
- The W. K. Kellogg Foundation (Battle Creek, MI)
If your institution is listed here, you may already be eligible for AAPIP Membership. Contact us membership [at] aapip.org (via email) or at (510) 463-3164 to set up your membership!