Our region is home to many Asian American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) advocacy organizations, national funders as well as government agencies. Members of our chapter hail from Washington D.C., Maryland and Northern Virginia. Alongside two giving circles, we recognize the need to serve as a resource and connect local grant makers and donors to AAPI nonprofits and issues in our local community.
We produce the CONNECT! Guide, the first directory of its kind to highlight AAPI serving organizations in the Washington, DC area that provides useful information for donors, volunteers and the philanthropy regionally.
The Metro D.C. chapter's long-term goals are to:
- Raise awareness in the field of philanthropy, among members, partner organizations and constituents within the region about critical issues facing our communities;
- Expand and increase the impact of community philanthropy within the region by helping to grow and support local Giving Circles and;
- Serve as a resource and a champion for the AAPI community.
2016-2017 Chapter Co-Chairs
- Rosie Abriam (rosie.abriam[at]gmail.com), President/CEO, The Center for Asian Pacific American Women
- Hanh Le (hle[at]weissbergfoundation.org), Executive Director, The Weissberg Foundation
Steering Committee Members
- Andrew Ho, Council on Foundations
- Edwin Quiambao, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Nageeb Sumar, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation