The Boston Foundation
The Boston Foundation believes that one of the great strengths of the Greater Boston community is the rich diversity of its residents in race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age and physical abilities. The Foundation seeks to enhance and support that diversity, not only by its grant making, but also by adopting and implementing employment policies and practices designed to recognize and respond to such diversity.
The Boston Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experience.
Title:Associate, Development and Donor Services
Reports To:Deputy Vice President and Director of the Campaign for a Greater Boston, and Senior Director, Donor Alignment and Impact Investing
FLSA Classification:Exempt FTE: 1
This position will provide support to the Deputy Vice President and the Senior Director charged with advancing TBF’s impact investing strategies and supporting donor alignment. The purpose of the Campaign for Greater Boston is to inspire and align the community and its many resources in support of achieving equity for Greater Boston’s residents. The Associate, Development and Donor Services will have exposure to the Campaign for a Greater Boston, Impact Investing and interactions with a wide range of staff. Under the direction of the Deputy Vice President and the Senior Director the Associate will provide support and feedback on critically important and emerging workstreams. Duties include managing projects, planning complex meetings and events, and scheduling and logistics support.
• Serves as the primary support person for the Deputy Vice President (DVP) and Senior Director of Donor Alignment and Impact Investing (SD);
• Acts as a frequent point of contact for Foundation staff working with the DVP and SD, as well as outside partners;
• Coordinates, sometimes in conjunction with other staff, internal and external meetings, convenings, conferences and other special events, and develops agendas and supporting materials, including PowerPoint presentations as necessary;
• Prepares invoices and expense reimbursements for the DVP and SD;
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to implement and uphold data integrity protocols to ensure accurate reporting and inform departmental activities;
• Attends meetings and prepares meeting minutes as necessary;
• Provides scheduling support for the DVP and SD calendar, including scheduling of meetings and conference calls;
• Represents DDS in cross-departmental meetings as needed; and
• Prepares and maintains project files, attends meetings and prepares meeting notes as necessary.
The Campaign for a Greater Boston:
• Supports and assists the Deputy Vice President and Director of the Campaign for a Greater Boston with the following:
o Communication and presentation of campaign goals and strategies;
o Donor research for cultivation and stewardship;
o Collaboration with other staff both across DDS and the Foundation in support of advancing the campaign; and
o Relationship management by ensuring timely and accurate communication on behalf of the DVP, including fulfilling internal and external requests for information.
• Maintains prospect, donor and fund records in Salesforce database; ensures timely entry of activities.
Donor Alignment and Impact Investing:
• Coordinates, with the guidance of the SD, the investment convenings to share learnings across all impact and more traditional investments at the foundation. Specific tasks could include gathering data from key impact investing initiatives and activities and liaising with Marketing and Communications to design and produce the convening including the development of produce written materials;
• Supports the growing impact investing strategy at TBF by helping to plan and coordinate critical components of the emerging strategy, including but not limited to meetings, events, presentations, and document creation; and
• Provides logistical support for all Program/DDS collaboration and alignment efforts and serve as a key contact with the Program team.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
• College degree or equivalent related experience; and
• 1-3 years office-based administrative or project experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong customer service orientation;
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products; proficiency in Excel running and creating functions, pivot tables and charts strongly preferred;
• CRM database experience (Salesforce strongly preferred);
• Professional and mature interpersonal work style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
• Knowledge and experience in working with diverse communities of Boston;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to adjust work activity to various management styles;
• Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload and managing multiple tasks with unique timelines;
• Must be collaborative, proactive and able to implement new systems;
• Participatory work style; team player and sense of humor; ability to give and receive feedback;
• Strong goal orientation with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities;
• Willingness and ability to handle confidential information;
• Excellent demonstrated administrative, organizational and calendar management skills; and
• A self-starter with a professional and mature interpersonal style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
• Ability to work at workstation for long periods of time;
• Ability to work on site and remotely, as required; and
• Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted online. Go online and select “Associate, Development and Donor Services” to complete our online application process.