Sacramento Region Community Foundation
Hybrid: work from home and Sacramento, CA
Our Team Is Our Strength.
The Sacramento Region Community Foundation is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional with a passion for our mission to join our team as Associate Director of Philanthropy. The Associate Director of Philanthropy will report directly to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and will serve as a member of the Foundation’s Philanthropy & Communications team.
Make a difference in our community – now and always.
The Sacramento Region Community Foundation is dedicated to connecting people who care with causes that matter. As the capital region’s primary provider of philanthropic services, we help people give back and achieve their philanthropic goals effectively, confidently, and with the support of an expert team connected to the pulse of our community.
The Foundation houses over 700 charitable funds for people, families, businesses, and nonprofits, the majority of which are endowed to ensure they provide support for important causes in perpetuity. We have been the region’s trusted steward of philanthropic funds since 1983, and today manage nearly $200 million in assets. Together with our fundholders, we are one of the largest local grant makers in the region: Over the past 40 years, we have awarded more than $225 million to support important causes, most of which have made a positive difference directly in El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, and Yolo counties.
In addition to managing their charitable funds, we work in partnership with our fundholders and other local leaders to transform the capital area through strategic grantmaking and impact initiatives that foster a more vibrant and equitable community for all — including our most visible program, Big Day of Giving. To learn more about our philanthropic services and community initiatives, please visit our website at www.sacregcf.org.
Our vision is a thriving and resilient region where generosity and collaboration create equitable opportunity, and our mission is to lead, serve, and inspire enduring philanthropy for a just and vibrant Sacramento region.
– This is a full-time, exempt position.
– 9/80 work schedule, with every other Friday off.
– Hybrid work schedule with 2-3 days per week in the office.
Our compensation and benefits show how much we value our team:
– $70,000-$95,000, depending on experience.
– Medical/dental/vision Insurance.
– 401K program with generous Foundation contribution.
– Generous vacation and holiday pay.
– Fun mixers and team-building events.
About the position:
Reporting to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and operating as a key member of the Philanthropy & Communications team, the Associate Director of Philanthropy focuses on connecting with potential fundholders to solicit gifts focused on unrestricted giving. The Associate Director of Philanthropy provides prospective and current fundholders with the highest level of services in support of charitable giving. The Associate Director of Philanthropy brings fundraising experience, with a focus on major gifts of $10,000 and above. The position is responsible for growing the Foundation’s unrestricted giving program by identifying and cultivating new supporters, growing relationships with and stewarding current fundholders, and securing gifts to assure a lasting source of philanthropic funds for the benefit of the region.
This new role will help the Foundation meet objectives outlined in the new Strategic Roadmap, which is grounded in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the region, and will specifically focus on growing the number of unrestricted funds, both expendable and endowed.
– Develop the Foundation’s unrestricted giving program, thinking strategically to set and meet goals, identify, and cultivate prospects, and grow giving year over year.
– Collaborate with the Philanthropy & Communications team to develop cases for support, collateral, and other communication strategies to engage supporters in unrestricted giving, best explaining the purpose of these gifts.
– Build and maintain relationships throughout the region to increase the Foundation’s visibility and secure unrestricted giving. Actively manage portfolio of prospective and current supporters.
– Increase the Foundation’s assets as they relate to unrestricted giving, according to the goals established by the Board and CEO.
– Explore grant funding opportunities to support strategic initiatives.
– Secure corporate support through event sponsorship and business funds.
– Establish and grow giving circles to engage younger and more diverse donors to expand the Foundation’s supporter base.
– Partner with the Director of Planned Giving to identify prospects with a goal of generating planned gifts, especially those related to unrestricted dollars used to serve the greatest needs in the region. Act as the guardian of donor intent in all matters related to legacy fundholders.
– Work closely with fellow members of the Philanthropy & Communications team to provide high quality stewardship to fundholders.
– Connect with private family foundations to encourage them to utilize the Foundation to manage their administrative support services.
– Take an active role in the maintenance of complete and accurate records of donors and fundholders in the central database.
– Understand federal and state regulations regarding charitable giving.
– Assure that development policies and procedures are carried out in a manner compliant with best practices according to the National Standards for Community Foundations.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree preferred.
– Minimum five years of fundraising experience
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and possess the ability to master our internal donor management system (C-Suite), and/or facility with and ability to learn other donor prospect/data content management systems.
– Experience with donor prospect management platforms preferred.
– Experience working with wealth screening software preferred.
– Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
– Strong ethical standards.
– Able to bend, lift, and move up to 25 pounds.
– Community foundation experience, a plus.
The Sacramento Region Community Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How to Apply
Please apply at our website.