W.K. Kellogg Foundation
Battle Creek, MI
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation with headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan is a leading philanthropic institution supporting thriving children, working families, equitable communities, and the dynamic connection between the three. The Legal and Contract team provides collaborative, solution-oriented legal and contract support that empowers Foundation staff to achieve their objectives in support of the Foundation’s mission.
“The W.K. Kellogg Foundation supports children, families, and communities as they strengthen and create conditions that propel vulnerable children to achieve success as individuals and as contributors to the larger community and society.”
The Contract Analyst role is crucial in supporting contract compliance and process excellence. The technical work is focused on reviewing and processing contract requests to support compliance with best practices and organizational policies and standards. In addition, this role provides opportunities to improve and innovate this critical function within the Foundation and to maintain strong, collaborative partnerships between the Legal and Contracts team and other Foundation teams. This role invites candidates from diverse professional and educational backgrounds across foundations, nonprofits, universities, government agencies, hospitals and health systems, corporate procurement, complex office manager roles, and finance departments.
YOUR POTENTIAL IMPACT
The primary function of the Contract Analyst is to review and support the processing of contract requests and proactively address areas of risk or concern. Key responsibilities include:
• Analyze contract requests to identify and address areas of risk or concern to support compliance with contracting best practices and Foundation policies and standards.
• Prepare vendor contracts and related legal documents.
• Coordinate negotiation and execution of contract documents.
• Work in partnership with Foundation staff and vendors to provide guidance on contract eligibility, structure, process, management and termination.
• Work in partnership with Foundation staff to provide training on contract policies and standards, best practices, processes and systems.
• Complete contract-related projects including research and analysis, preparation of tools and training materials, and updating contract templates and forms.
The Contract Analyst’s work to support the contracting process ensures the Foundation is efficiently and effectively working with vendors to support the conditions for thriving children and families in areas of health, education, and economic security.
Salary range is $66,800 – $83,500. Actual starting salary of candidate will be commensurate with years, breadth, and depth of relevant experience, education, certifications, credentials, special skills, accomplishments, and other factors relevant to the position.
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
Success in the Contract Analyst role will require a passion to further the Foundation’s mission and a commitment to core values of diversity and inclusion, intercultural awareness, openness, collaboration, and stewardship. The ideal candidate will also possess the following professional abilities, attributes, and experiences:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
• Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in relevant field, or equivalent combined education and professional experience required; foundation or nonprofit experience preferred.
• Fluency in English required; proficiency in Spanish, French, Haitian Creole or Indigenous (Mexico) or Native American (US) languages strongly preferred.
• Analytical thinking, sound judgement, and strong attention to detail.
• Dedication to building and maintaining effective, service-oriented relationships.
How to Apply
More information about W.K. Kellogg Foundation on the website.
This search is being led by Katherine Jacobs and Sharon Gerstman of NPAG. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume via NPAG’s website.
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.