Tipping Point Community
Hybrid Bay Area
Tipping Point finds, funds, and strengthens the most promising poverty-fighting solutions so one day everyone in the Bay Area can prosper. Since 2005, Tipping Point has invested over $350 million in the community to support organizations, advance policies, and develop new ideas to increase economic opportunity. Last year, our investments funded life-changing services in housing, early childhood, education, and employment for more than 100,000 of our neighbors across the Bay Area. Our Board covers 100% of our operating costs, so every dollar donated goes where it’s needed most. Visit www.tippingpoint.org to learn more.
Tipping Point’s core values are at the heart of everything we do and we look for individuals who share our commitments:
- We cultivate community because we know we are more powerful together.
- We practice gratitude.
- We hold ourselves accountable to achieving impact for and with the communities we serve.
- We relentlessly pursue equity because one’s background and identities should not predetermine one’s opportunities.
The Development Operations Manager is a development professional who is skilled at using data and research to drive fundraising strategy. As part of the Development team, you will be responsible for maintaining and leveraging Tipping Point’s donor database and online fundraising platform to ensure clean, thorough donor information, gift processing, and moves management. You have good knowledge of fundraising best practices and analysis, and can use data to show trends and help direct fundraising and donor communications strategy. As the Development Operations Manager, you will partner with the team to build a strong pipeline of potential new supporters, and to record and track relevant donor and prospect details. You will oversee invitation and RSVP processes, and all donation processing and acknowledgement. You have a strong attention to detail and are excited to work collaboratively with the Development team to ensure a strong Relationship Management system, donor prospecting strategy, and development operations.
This position reports to the Development Director and manages the Development Assistant and the Development Associate.
What will you do?
Data Analytics + Database Management
- Manage all aspects of Salesforce and Classy related to Development; ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Refine moves management processes; ensure that all Development staff are equipped to use moves management processes and all donor activities are entered and tracked in Salesforce.
- Regularly track and report on fundraising projections, results, and donor engagement activities; partner with senior Development leadership to build presentation decks for staff, board and development committee meetings.
- Analyze fundraising and donor engagement data and trends to help identify trends and opportunities for improvement in fundraising strategy, including use of events and digital tactics.
- Create dashboards needed by Development staff to manage their portfolios and track progress against revenue and activity goals.
- Assist in setting annual fundraising targets and projections.
- Maintain and update Development Operations Protocol handbook and ensure all systems follow protocol and are aligned with the Finance team.
- Partner with giving officers to ensure thorough donor and prospect research is recorded in Salesforce, including relevant demographic, financial, lifecycle, and other descriptive information.
- Produce detailed and thorough donor profile books for events.
- Build systems in Salesforce for tracking and managing individual, foundation, and corporate prospects; assist Individual and Institutional Giving teams in prioritizing prospects and building cultivating strategies.
- Use data on donor behavior to design different user journeys for donors and prospects of all levels.
- Build comprehensive donor communications strategy in partnership with Communications and Development teams.
- Track donor communications data and identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
Gift Processing + Acknowledgement + Event Attendance Systems
- Oversee the donation entry and acknowledgement process, ensure data accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency.
- Oversee pledge tracking and collection.
- Oversee Development aspects of annual audit.
- Oversee the donor event invitation and RSVP systems and all guest registration for events.
- Manage, train, and develop the Development Associate and Development Assistant; establish and hold your direct reports accountable for annual performance goals, and support identification of professional development opportunities to expand skills and competencies.
All other duties as assigned.
Salary + Classification
Tipping Point is committed to paying competitive wages. In an effort to increase equity, because we know that salary negotiations tend to have an unfair bias, we do not participate in a salary negotiation process for any candidate. We will make our best offer, and it will be the same regardless of the candidate. The annual starting salary for the Development Operations Manager role is $115,000. This position meets the exemption requirements as defined by state and federal law. Exempt employees are paid on a salaried basis, and their salary is intended to constitute their entire regular compensation, regardless of the number of hours they work; therefore, exempt employees are not eligible for overtime pay.
In addition to our core values, Tipping Point staff exhibit four core competencies: ability to be flexible in a constantly shifting environment, strong communication skills, ability to work well on a team, and ability to continuously problem solve in the face of challenges.
Additionally, the Development Operations Manager should have:
- Well-developed track record of managing a non-profit CRM and optimizing databases to improve work processes; experience with Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of being able to work successfully in a fast-paced professional setting and being able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks while remaining focused on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, partners, and staff.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with experience analyzing and distilling large data sets to show trends.
- Expertise in spreadsheets and slide presentations and demonstrated visual presentation skills and ability to communicate data information compellingly to different audiences.
- Demonstrated excellence in donor and prospect research with the ability to use databases and search tools to mine for accurate and relevant information related to wealth, assets, and propensity to give.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Commitment to Tipping Point’s mission and values and ability to operate with the highest degree of integrity in representing the organization.
- Management experience preferred.
Nice to have:
- Local knowledge of Bay Area philanthropy
*“Nice to have” really means just that; it’s entirely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit. It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas — we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
How to Apply
Ready to change your life? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Tipping Point will consider qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Tipping Point accepts applications on a rolling basis; if the position is still posted on our website, we are still accepting and giving equal consideration to applications.