PEAK Grantmaking is a vibrant, member-led community of more than 6,500 professionals who specialize in grants management for funding organizations. We elevate the expertise of grants management professionals and foster their collaboration to strengthen the practice of grantmaking. We enable philanthropy to achieve its full potential to fuel change for good. We are the only organization dedicated solely to advancing the “how” of grantmaking.
The Member Outreach Coordinator supports all member recruitment, onboarding, and engagement efforts. The Member Outreach Coordinator communicates PEAK Grantmaking’s mission and strategy to grow and engage membership and integrate members into the national network.
The Member Outreach Coordinator reports to the Senior Membership Manager.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND AUTHORITY
Member Outreach and Engagement
●Conduct outreach to existing members and potential members to support membership recruitment, chapter, and registration efforts
●Manage Organization and Consultant Membership renewal process, including maintenance of renewal calendar and reminders, creation of invoices and receipts, application of payment, and continual update of member rosters
●Maintain understanding of PEAK’s mission, programs, and offerings to communicate with existing and potential members
●Attend chapter meetings, events, and recruitment activities to provide live support and promotion to prospective volunteers
●In collaboration with Membership Team, identify trends in member requests and interests
Recruitment and Onboarding
●Provide administrative support for ongoing recruitment efforts to build the PEAK Grantmaking membership base
● Facilitate the proactive prospecting of new members from PEAK’s network and the philanthropy field
● Conduct outreach to existing and potential members via extensive phone, email interactions, and other avenues including in-person meetings
● Process Organization and Consultant Membership applications and welcome new members with prepared onboarding elements
● Schedule and coordinate onboarding meetings for new Organization Members
● Prepare and mail new organization member welcome packets and membership information to prospective members
● Coordinate network-wide new member orientations on a quarterly basis
● Introduce new members to the PEAK network and foster continuous engagement
● Prepare lists for recruitment and engagement
Marketing and Resource Promotion
● Promote events and distribute applicable resources and information to members
● Working with Senior Community Engagement Manager and Senior Membership Manager, draft and coordinate resources to support peer groups and chapters
● Work closely with the Communications Team to market to potential members
● Coordinate the quarterly update of the PEAK Champion Guide
● Maintain a deep understanding of organizational needs
● Provide administrative support to Membership Team development efforts, sponsorship efforts, and membership recruitment and engagement efforts
● Become an expert-level user of our membership database and member community software
● Provide administrative support for membership recruitment and engagement efforts
● Track membership expiration dates and work to proactively ensure and support membership renewals
● Provide administrative support for volunteer and membership recognition efforts
● Working with the Senior Membership Manager, perform routine audits of the membership database and follow up on inconsistencies, missing member information, or updates to contact information
● Provide administrative support for events as needed
● Incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) into work assignments and department efforts, and work to build personal knowledge and experience in these areas
A comprehensive salary and benefits package will be offered. The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $80,000 commensurate with experience.
Location and Work Environment
This position is fully remote. PEAK began offering remote work in 2014 and has committed to an indefinite remote work posture. PEAK will allow you to work at home, on the road, or in a satellite location for all or part of the regular workweek. Many staff are virtual, and you will be required to maintain PEAK’s core working hours from 10am-3pm ET Monday through Friday to accommodate peers across all time zones. You will be required to use collaborative software and video conferencing to stay in touch with co-workers, colleagues, and customers.
Equal opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles of PEAK Grantmaking, where employment and promotional opportunities are based on individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category as established under law.
Requirements and Qualifications
● Minimum of 3 years’ proven experience and demonstrated success in an outreach-oriented role at a membership association.
● Minimum of 3 years’ proven experience working regularly with an association management software/ membership database
● Intermediate experience working in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
● Experience and proficiency working in a remote environment
● Strong attention to detail and great organization skills
● Friendly with a customer service mindset
● Enjoys routine
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to work collaboratively and independently on assigned responsibilities.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
● Ability to travel is required. Travel for this position could include attending the annual national conference, staff retreats, and member events.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please upload the following documents, preferably in a single PDF with links.
Résumé: Please indicate your city and state—no street address to protect your privacy—and email and cell phone number.