Wellspring Philanthropic Fund
New York, NY
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. With offices in Washington, D.C. and New York City, Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
• Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential, and should be accountable to these ends
• The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected
• Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals, and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance
• As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments
For more information on Wellspring Philanthropic Fund, please visit www.wpfund.org.
Wellspring seeks a Program Associate to join its Donor Philanthropic Initiatives and President’s Fund team (DPIPF). The DPIPF program supports donor initiatives which are highly aligned with WPF’s thematic program areas, and the President’s Fund, a discretionary portfolio managed under the leadership of Wellspring’s President and direction of the Program Director, and is intended to support initiatives that broadly advance our mission.
The Program Associate reports to the Program Director and works collaboratively with the Program Officers, Administrative Assistant, Grants Management team, and other Wellspring staff. Day-to-day, the Program Associate contributes to the following key priorities:
• Grants Process Coordination
• Communications and Research
This is an incredible opportunity for a social justice generalist – someone with a breadth of knowledge in a range of areas, rather than a concentration on only one content area – to leverage their knowledge toward a donor driven portfolio and a collaborative team.
For the full job description: https://wpfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/DPIPF-Program-Associate-Job-Description_.pdf
• Commitment to human rights and social justice
• Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience in a relevant field.
• Three to six years of experience in a professional office environment working as a member of a team executing tasks relevant to the job description.
• Service-oriented with a strong commitment to client service and support.
• Ability to manage complex processes in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly organized and adaptable; comfortable knowing every day at work may be different.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to creatively problem solve.
• Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• A self-starter; comfortable working autonomously but also as part of a larger team.
• Proficiency with office technology and tools including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Asana, Box, and Zoom.
• Excellent English-language writing, editing, critical thinking, and communications skills.
• Excellent desk research skills. Ability to summarize complex ideas and synthesize.
• Strong cross-cultural communication skills. Demonstrates humility and the ability and eagerness to build relationships with partners and colleagues of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
• Ability to handle confidential information with integrity and complete discretion.
• Willingness to learn, to be open to and generate new ideas, and to have fun.
• Understands and values social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle, and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Familiarity with social justice organizations in the U.S that are working on/have worked on civic engagement and immigrant justice.
• Non-English language capabilities.
• Experience working in a grantmaking or nonprofit organization.
How to Apply
For employment consideration, please submit application to Subject Line: “DPIPF-Program Associate — [YOUR NAME].” All applications must include:
• a resumé;
• a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity (i e. jobportal, referral, etc.) and salary minimum requirements;
• one writing sample (no less than 3 and no more than 5 pages, attached in PDF format).