Katz Amsterdam Foundation
The Katz Amsterdam Foundation strives to be a catalyst for eliminating inequities, increasing access to opportunity, and improving outcomes for all. We know that everyone benefits from living in healthy and cohesive communities, but access to these benefits is unequal – a result of historical racial and social injustice. We work in partnership with communities to advance just and equitable approaches to accessing mental, behavioral and reproductive healthcare and protecting our civil rights by increasing civic engagement and participation in our multiracial democracy. We do this work by addressing systemic injustice, racial and social disparities in mental health, reproductive health and civic engagement. As a foundation, our priority is to support community-driven work that meaningfully improves the lives of all individuals and the social well-being of our communities. Please visit https://katzamsterdam.org/ for more information
Request for Proposals: The Katz Amsterdam Foundation is seeking proposals for a Racial Equity Consultant to support its five-member team and members of the board to devise and implement policies, practices, and organizational behaviors that foster authentic racial equity in the foundation’s funding approach and within the organization.
We anticipate a series of 3-4 racial equity trainings and capacity building activities over a 3-4 month period, and welcome proposals in the range of $60,000 to $80,000.
The Racial Equity Consultant may be an individual or a team with the following qualifications.
● Experience providing equity training, and a professional reputation of having successfully
implemented the same.
● An understanding of racial equity and ability to conduct their work with a racial equity
lens. The Consultant should also be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of what
the social determinants of health mean in diverse communities.
● An effective facilitator, with extensive experience using virtual facilitation tools.
● An understanding of organizational management strategies and tools, and experience successfully implementing organization procedures and organizational change. An ideal Consultant will have experience in organizational equity transformation.
● The ability to think deeply about organizational culture and turn that thinking and analysis into actionable plans that can be implemented to achieve concrete success in meeting the foundation’s equity goals.
● Experience working with entrepreneurial nonprofits or philanthropic institutions with small staff teams. An ideal Consultant will be able to adapt materials and training to meet the foundation’s staff where they are in their racial equity journey.
How to Apply
Please send RFP responses and inquiries to Beth Ganz at with the subject line “Racial Equity Consultant RFP Response“. Preference will be given to proposals received by the deadline: May 1, 2023.
Please visit the full RFP for more information about anticipated scope of work, desired deliverables, how to apply, and timeline.
The Katz Amsterdam Foundation welcomes proposals in the range of $60,000 to $80,000.
Proposals must include the following and should be submitted in MS Word or PDF format. The foundation intends for the proposal process to not be overly burdensome and invites brief responses.
● Provide your name, organization (if appropriate), and contact information.
● Describe how you will address the items detailed in the scope of work, and your ability to
provide the desired deliverables. Provide a project outline and timeline.
● Describe your organizational equity transformation experience and approach, including
any work on similar projects with small teams, at varying stages of a racial equity journey,
and the services you provide.
● Describe your understanding of and experience with health equity, racial equity, and the
social determinants of health.
● Provide a list of key personnel who will be completing the scope of the work. Provide a
detailed list of their experience in this area, including certifications and/or experiences
that the personnel have in order to provide this type of consultation and training.
● Provide names and contact information for up to three references who can speak to your
experience as a racial equity trainer.
● Provide a total cost of the scope of work that breaks out the following line items: an
itemization of each area, travel cost, hourly rates, materials, and any other miscellaneous costs and fees.